Australian National Maritime Museum
MMAPSS Project Application Form 2021 - 2022
Online Project Application
MMAPSS is an annual outreach program of grants and internships jointly funded by the Australian Government and the ANMM. Funding is available; up to $15,000 for projects and up to $3,000 for internships, for not for profit organisations that actively care for, promote and display Australia’s maritime heritage.
Many cultural institutions around the country seek to care for, promote, interpret and display maritime items of historical and national significance. The museum supports and encourages these efforts to conserve and display unique local objects for today’s audiences and future generations.
the scheme has given over $1,950,000 in support of over 480 projects to organisations in Queensland, New South Wales (including Norfolk and Lord Howe Islands), Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
MMAPSS provide grants up to $15,000 for approved projects that fall into one of these categories:
- Collection management (registration, documentation and storage)
- Conservation (preservation, vessel restoration, conservation work/treatments and professional assessments)
- Presentation (research, development of exhibitions, establishing interpretative displays and workshops)
- Development of relevant education or public programs which make collections more accessible to audiences
- Museological training for paid or unpaid workers of not-for-profit organisations caring for Australia's maritime collections.
Internships funding of up to $3,000 is available to help develop museological skills and knowledge to increase standards of practice in caring for and managing maritime collections. For an internship, please visit the ANMM website for details of how to apply. Please note: Internship applications cannot be submitted via this online system.
- Opening date for applications: 15 March 2021
- Closing date for applications: 15 May 2021
- The Selection Committee convenes: June 2021
- Applicants notified by: 31 July 2021
- All projects completed by 1 August 2021 and acquitted by 31 August 2021
Read examples of funded projects in previous years.
Read the Terms and Conditions for MMAPSS.
Read the MMAPSS Guidelines.
All applicants are required to confirm that they have read and agree to abide by the MMAPSS Guidelines 2021-2022 which are available on the Australian National Maritime Museum’s website at www.sea.museum/grants
Submissions must be received by the ANMM no later than 11:30pm Saturday 15 May 2021 for funding to be expended in the financial year 2021 - 2022.
If you have any questions in relation to MMAPSS, this application process or if you would like to discuss your project and eligible costs at all, please do not hesitate to contact the MMAPSS Coordinator on 02-9298-3743 or [email protected]
The Maritime Museums of Australia Project Support Scheme is funded by the Australian Government through the Australian National Maritime Museum and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Devlopment and Communications.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
we are hiring for Full time (Weekends are a must (cant ask off on Friday -Sunday)) working time : 1PM - closing time 4PM - close tome (Partimer ONLY) day off : on weekdays ( ask during interview) [...]
The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney’s Central City. The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parramatta means that Council, [...]
- Flexible working conditions - Permanent full time - 35 hour week - Parramatta location - close to public transport About the role An excellent opportunity has arisen for a capable and experi [...]
Expressions of Interest - APS 2, APS 3, APS 4, APS 5, APS 6, EL1 and EL2 temporary non-ongoing - $48,120 to $ 123,358 per annum - Darling Harbour About Australian National Maritime Museum [...]