The Royal Children's Hospital
- Casual role
- Fabulous employee benefits including salary packaging
- Parkville – Hub of the medical precinct and leading Children’s hospital
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) provides secondary and tertiary care to children and young people across the northern and western suburbs; specialist paediatric healthcare to the children of Victoria, Tasmania, southern NSW and parts of South Australia; and is the designated state-wide provider of services including paediatric trauma, rehabilitation and forensic medicine. As a quaternary centre for complex cardiac surgery and organ transplantation, the RCH cares for the sickest children from around Australia.
With a passionate,
highly skilled and committed staff campus wide of over 6000, we provide a full range of clinical services, tertiary care and health promotion and prevention programs for children and young people.
The Royal Children’s Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on our Commitment to Child Safety: http://www.rch.org.au/quality/child-safety/
Further information about RCH is available at www.rch.org.au
A vacancy exists in the Admin casual pool for a highly motivated Customer Service Officer with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team. Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant will be expected to be able to work across a wide variety of departments within RCH.
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
Where a candidate engages in secondary employment Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne (RCH) will require a risk assessment be undertaken and take steps to mitigate the risks and RCH reserves the right to decline the application for secondary employment.
Candidates should take this into consideration prior to applying. The risk assessment questionnaire will be emailed to successful interview candidates.
To Be Successful In The Role, You Will Have
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Royal Children’s Hospital Values.
- Recent experience in a hospital medical information department or administrative role.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate understanding and commitment to the concept of privacy and confidentiality of patient/client personal health information.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and achieve deadlines while factoring in the impact on other roles, all with exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, interpret and negotiate client / customer needs and adapt to the different needs of individuals whilst applying a strong customer focus.
- Competency with a wide range of computer applications, including, but not limited to; Microsoft Office and teams, Patient Administration and electronic record Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, while working effectively in a team environment. Physical ability to retrieve and file medical records, which may involve use of manual handling equipment and physical ability to use a photocopier.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please click here.
Why work at the RCH?
The RCH offer a range of benefits which support and reward staff both personally and professionally.
Our staff benefits include award winning facilities and campus partnerships, Professional development and events, an award winning Health and wellbeing program and financial benefits.
To learn more about our staff benefits please go to: https://www.rch.org.au/hr/recruitment_employment/Staff_benefits/ The RCH is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, all members of the LGBTQI community and people with disability.
Are you ready to join our team?
Apply online by clicking on the “Apply” button
Applications close 24th May.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Your new company A market leader in Australia are now seeking multiple customer centric professionals to join their call centre in Box Hill in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne working on a new proj [...]
- Mt Waverley Location - parking on site - $68,000 + superannuation - Ability to work from home and the office A great opportunity to join an organisation that is truly thriving at the moment, wi [...]
Receptionist/Administration Support | Arcare Balnarring (Mornington Peninsula) - Residential - Administration - Victoria - South Eastern Melbourne - Full Time 12/6/2021 - Supporti [...]
Location: Melbourne | Southern Metropolitan Job type: Not provided Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Administration/Secretarial Reference: 47782 About Monash Health Monash Health provides [...]