- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your trade or engineering background to grow your career
- Enjoy flexibility, interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history is now underway in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as the Resource Capability Coordinator within our Shipbuild Operations team on the Hunter Class Frigate program with BAE Systems Maritime Australia at the Osborne Naval Shipyard, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation.
Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Resource Capability Coordinator you will support the Operations Resource Capability & Governance Lead to develop, manage and report on our current and future operations workforce capability requirements on the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
You will be responsible for capturing production capability requirements, forecasting future capability requirements and developing strategies for addressing capability gaps within the trades.
You will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the capability data management framework and managing the collection, collation, and interpretation of large data sets including licences, certifications, qualifications, training courses; and generating custom reporting for a broad range of stakeholders.
The resource capability coordinator role is a great opportunity for you to utilise your trade or engineering background to join the operations team in a growth role and develop your career on the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
In more specific terms you will:
- Develop and manage the Hunter Class Operations Training and Development Matrix tool
- Manage resource capability data, liaising with trade trainers to update and refresh Operations status
- Work collaboratively with trade leads, trade trainers and production SME to define, capture and report on production skill requirements and workforce skill levels
- Manage strategic resource capability levels to ensure Operations blue collar workforce have the required capabilities to deliver against Hunter Class schedule
- Have input into the development of methods to measure and report against Operations capability performance
- Present capability gaps along with potential Risks and Opportunities to Operations Management providing recommendations and mitigation activities
- Collaborate with trade trainers and HR to provide training to the workforce based on business, requirements and employee training and development plans.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience providing resource planning support preferably in the shipbuild, marine or heavy engineering industries will be highly regarded
- Ability to design and implement processes, tools, procedures, solutions and services related to capability planning
- Advanced skills using MS Excel, including proficient skills in visual basic coding and Macro Development
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks.
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
Whilst not essential Tertiary level qualifications in an Engineering discipline or a degree standard in a business or STEM discipline will be highly regarded
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Junior/Intermediate Draftsperson, under the direct supervision of a Senior Draftsperson or engineer, produces drawings models for specialised equipment r mechanical piping systems projects in the [...]
NH TIMBER FLOORING INSTALLATION PTY LTD is a professional team of Timber Flooring experts. Our work includes, but is not limited to, the installation of Engineered timber, Laminate, bamboo, vinyl, pre [...]
Osborne Park, WA Competitive hourly rate + shift penalties Employee benefits program Ongoing professionalWork life balance, flexible rostering ekend shifts available! Due to continued growth, our Osbo [...]
Inflatable Packers Int. Pty Ltd (IPI) is an Australian Perth based company established in 1999 specialising in design and manufacture of inflatable packers and associated equipment. Currently we ar [...]