- Apply your talent where it counts
- Exciting opportunity to manage major subcontracts and Hawk 127 repairable items and facilitate engaging supplier relationship
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with focus on innovation, adaptability and collaboration to support our high profile shipbuilding program in Adelaide
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Subcontract Manager, in our team based in Williamtown, which is where this position is based, is situated within the Hunter region and is most commonly known for its world class wineries and breathtaking coastline.
Williamtown is 30 minute drive to Newcastle, which is surrounded by golden sand beaches and a beautiful working harbour. The cafes,
restaurants and bars, unique architecture and rich history stretch from the city to the suburbs. The same distance to the North is another adventurer's playground - Port Stephens. These are just some of the great locations nearby to enjoy, whilst working on this iconic program.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Hawk 127 Supply Chain Manager, you will be working for our high profile aircraft sustainment and training program, be responsible to manage major subcontracts and Hawk repairable items (RI) to meet the project requirement of cost, quality and delivery through effective commercial and contract management. This also includes facilitating strong working relationships with the supplier, their supply chains as well as internal stakeholders.
More specifically, you will become involved in:
- Be single point of contract for all issues in relation to contract compliance, risks, performance and lead the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising with suppliers
- Lead the subcontracts and repairable items team to deliver and sustain required level of performance to support the project
- Be the point of escalation for expediting vulnerable and critical subcontractor and RI requirements via order book performance.
- Prepare and negotiate subcontract amendments and change proposals associated with award term reviews and survey & quote activities
- Develop and execute new subcontract business agreements and statements of work when required and liaise with the project and the functions to achieve successful outcomes
- Oversee adherence to contractual obligations through effective contract management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow and flow down of contract amendments
- Manage subcontract change, identify/cost and monitor emerging risks appropriately including those of the supplier's supply chain
- Perform cost account management for all Lead In Fighter (LIF) subcontracts and be the point of contact for the LIF supply chain team
- Establish licences/agreement in accordance with import/export requirements and administer LIF obsolescence register and coordinate BAE Systems responses to proactive ensure availability of obsolescence affected items
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in subcontract, project management, engineering, procurement or commercial roles within a complex environment with track record of successful delivery of major subcontracts obligations
- Sound leadership and management skills with substantial familiarity in development and negotiation of complex contracts
- Ability to form strong working relationship in project environment and with major suppliers with strong communication with strong stakeholder engagement skills
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
Whilst not essential, degree or tertiary qualification in project management, procurement, engineering or commercial discipline and professional procurement qualification with prior experience in construction, shipbuilding of defence projects is desirable
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About us Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. Joining us is a chance to make [...]
- Ongoing Full-time role - Location – Coffs Harbour, Armidale, Dubbo & Queanbeyan - Annual salary starting from $111,077 + superannuation - Clerk Grade 9/10 - Make an impact on the lives of people i [...]
The Role Your role is the Air Combat Systems Program Office (ACSPO) Commercial Manager. As an Executive Level 1 Team Lead you are responsible and accountable for management and oversight of the whol [...]
We are seeking a people leader to join our Mission Systems and Ground Segments (MS&GS;) Capability. The capability provides people, expertise, process and tools to architect, design, integrate solutio [...]