All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
Our Resource Development department is looking for Geologists who will be part of our technical Geoscience team responsible for collecting, analysing and communicating high quality orebody knowledge to inform key business decisions.
Resource Development is a department within Planning Integration and Assets, and to be successful needs to work closely with many internal and external stakeholders (including Technical Services, Mine Engineering and Operations), to identify gaps and opportunities in resource understanding, generate targets for resource evaluation and ensure project delivery.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, you will:
validate and interpret geological datasets collected during field programs
- Support technical reviews using geochemical, geophysical and mapping data
- Assist and engage with dynamic field (geological) models to make key field based geological decisions
- Set and comply with QAQC standards for geological data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Assist with program planning and execution of drilling and field mapping campaigns
- Liaise with team members and stakeholders on drilling and evaluation priorities
- Provide safety leadership in promoting a safe and environmentally responsible working ethic, leading to an incident free workplace
These positions will be located at our Pilbara mining operations and will be offered on a FIFO 8 days on, 6 days off roster from Perth. Candidates in pursuit of flexible work arrangements or alternative rosters are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for someone who is motivated and enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop and to be a part of the next phase of the Geoscience journey. In the Geoscience team we hold a strong commitment to Rio Tinto values and behaviours and are seeking geologists who are collaborative and show proven experience in working well with teams and communicating technical knowledge. A strong geological data integration and interpretation background would be beneficial and the ability to problem solve effectively.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Geology
- Practical experience in exploration, evaluation or mine geology
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated knowledge of mining/mapping and modelling software packages
- Previous experience / exposure to drilling programs
- Strong analytical skills
- A ‘C’ class manual driver’s licence
- Iron Ore experience would be beneficial but more importantly a solid base in core geoscience skills (geochemisty, geophysics, mapping, logging)
What’s on offer
- A supportive and inclusive community environment
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive employee share scheme, extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options, and exclusive employee discount schemes
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Civil Electrician required for a temporary assignment South of the River in Perth. Your new company You will be working with an established organisation in the Road Network Solutions Space. Thi [...]
KEY INFORMATION JOB TITLE: Fibreglass Laminator LOCATION: Bibra Lake WA START DATE: April 2021 EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time permanent inc Annual & Sick Leave. Hours: 40 per week + seaso [...]
Allied Health Therapy Assistants Down South Therapy Services currently has multiple positions open for the following therapy assistants. Occupational Therapy Assistant Physiotherapy Assistant Spe [...]
We are seeking a number of experienced Cartographers with the flexibility of working from home and our’s client’s office in Perth for ASX Diagrams in particular with highly competitive rates on of [...]