Dubbo Health Service
About the opportunity
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems every day.
We operate more than 60 laboratories and around 200 collection centres across NSW and conduct over 60 million tests per annum. Our network of pathologists are supported by scientists, technicians and support staff who quickly and accurately assess samples so clinical teams can make the best possible treatment decisions for patients. Our Forensic & Analytical Science Service provides independent, objective analysis to the NSW criminal and coronial justice systems.
What we can offer you
- Accrued Days Off in addition to Annual Leave
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training with RTO My Health Learning
What you'll be doing
Perform a range of laboratory support and/or specimen reception services and/or collection services, and provide assistance to laboratory staff, under supervision, to deliver a patient focused service.
Interested in joining Australia’s largest public pathology service? Apply now by addressing the following questions:
- A working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn, all aspects of the laboratory environment relevant to the Department
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality work output while managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated customer service experience and skills, preferably in a laboratory environment, including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, patients and clinical staff
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills combined with the ability to investigate and resolve general issues within the laboratory environment
- Excellent data entry skills including high attention to detail and data accuracy
- Awareness of legislation, policies and requirements relevant to a laboratory setting
- Certificate III in Pathology Collections and/or previous experience in venepuncture or a demonstrated ability to learn all aspects of the clinical environment relevant to the Department
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Monique Mintern on
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020_017 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Diseases. All new recruits must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. New recruits must provide evidence against specified diseases and comply with the requirements of this policy at their own cost prior to appointment.
This position is a permanent position. To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency. Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa.
New to NSW Health Pathology?
The preferred candidate may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list will be created for future permanent full time / part time, temporary and casual vacancies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you passionate about using your skills and knowledge to improve the lives of our clients? And do you want to join a team that truly values your efforts and contribution? If so, we would love to di [...]
About us Transport for Confidential is the lead agency of the Confidential Transport clusterur role is to lead theof a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people ods moving, conne [...]
- Permanent, full-time position with generous benefits - Opportunity to live local in Miles or Chinchilla, QLD or FIFO from Brisbane - Your chance to influence change in a collaborative team envir [...]
- Become a Fitting Expert with our structured bra-fit training program - Grow and develop with our focus on succession planning and developing internal team - Embrace our inclusive culture and focus o [...]