Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries (API) is one of Australia's leading health and beauty companies. API is the parent company of Priceline Pharmacy, Soul Pattinson Chemists, Pharmacist Advice and Clear Skincare Clinics.
About the Role
API is currently looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Site Safety Officer to join the team at our Melbourne Distribution Centre (MDC) located in Dandenong on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting to the MDC Manager with indirect reporting lines to the national Safety & Wellbeing Team, you will support the site to deliver API’s strategic goal in creating a safer place to work every day.
This is the perfect position for someone who has gained some traction in their safety career, who is now looking for opportunity to take the next step in their development.
The role is responsible to lead safety for the Dandenong site, a secondary site (across the road) and a Launceston branch (remote support).
You will be supported to succeed, in our inclusive and mature safety culture, this role sits amongst a national network of five Site Safety Officers, led by a Safety & Wellbeing Business Partner.
Key accountabilities (including but not limited to):
- Coach, support, and mentor the Site Leadership to ensure a high standard of safety is maintained, to include a secondary local site and sub-branch.
- Coordinate the delivery of prescribed monthly safety activities, scheduled by our Safety Business Plan, this includes the completion of certain tasks yourself, as well as supporting the Leadership Team in completing tasks as a site.
- Initiate, complete and review site risk assessments for tasks, plant / equipment, workplace changes, traffic management, emergency response etc.
- Support incident management, including supporting early intervention strategies and coaching site leadership to complete thorough and quality investigations.
- Develop concise and meaningful communications for the site to share safety learnings, system improvements, and provide direction on scheduled tasks.
- Maintain safety and compliance of our facilities, plant and equipment while ensuring Contractor Management / Permit to Work standards are successfully implemented and adhered to.
- Promote compliance of all Safety, Health and Wellbeing policies and procedures to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of all employees and visitors.
- Maintain evidence in a structured filing system to demonstrate compliance to our S&W; Management system and key ISO 45001 Standard criteria.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills/attributes:
- Certificate IV in Workplace/Occupational Health and Safety
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing business is preferred.
- Ability to support multiple sites.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements for our industry.
- Strong abilities to:
- Influence and communicate clearly with key stakeholders.
- Develop Management & Team Members with coaching and mentoring.
- Support change management processes,
- Display strong safety leadership and influence organisational culture.
- Manage own time, push for excellence and multi-task.
- Communicate clearly and confidently – both written and verbal.
- Competent in using basic Microsoft Programs e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A true Team Player - able to work as a Team Member of the site, as a Team Member of our National S&W; Team, with the ability to work in isolation as required.
To be successful for this position you will be open minded and flexible with the ability to quickly adapt to change as each day offers different opportunities and challenges.
This is an exciting career opportunity with the potential to grow and develop within a highly regarded and established team and be a part of a supporting and collaborative culture here at API.
API is also committed to supporting the Workplace Gender Equality Agency requirements. For more information about API please visit our website at www.api.net.au
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Location: Melbourne | Eastern Metropolitan Job type: Not provided Organisation: Monash Health Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Administration/Secretarial Reference: 46432 [...]
Job Description Location: Melbourne | Eastern Metropolitan Job type: Not provided Organisation: Monash Health Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Administration/Secretarial Reference: 46284 [...]
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers. About Monash Health Refuge [...]
Reference Number 46526 Employment Type Full Time Ongoing Entity Monash Health Department Engineering & Infrastructure Location Dandenong Hospital Position Summary Acknowledging the vit [...]