Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd.
Jetstar is on an exciting journey. We're looking for an Inventory Officer – Fleet Development professional to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively and develop and maintain best practice.
We are looking for an experienced individual to perform the role of Inventory Officer – Fleet Development. This role requires an individual that has strong focus on both strategic and tactical detail and procedures, energetic, highly creative and keen for a challenge with strong communication skills, and relationship building skills. Ability to facilitate & successfully complete activities and assess business requirements for growth and continuous improvement opportunities
This is a fixed term opportunity
Reporting Manager Purchasing, Inventory & Repairs, your main accountabilities will include:
- Material provisioning, requisitions, component repair, exchanges, loans & borrows, forward planning for aircraft requirements
- Manage technical purchasing of all aircraft spares, component repairs, loans and exchanges in a timely manner, within approved budgets and in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Manage scrap, MIN/MAX levels to pro-actively identify items to be purchased
- Invoice management including verifying and actioning invoices
- Develop supplier relationships, discuss problems and opportunities
- Ensure supplier’s performance is monitored effectively to ensure supplier deficiencies are identified and addressed
- Liaise with suppliers, logistic and finance departments to ensure effective and efficient provisioning to resolve any quality, quantity or price discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain supplier contacts and monitor agreements to meet agreed performance measures, liaise and meet with suppliers as required to ensure relationships
- Obtain technical data and documentation from suppliers in support of approval of parts substitutions.
- Work with Technical Services and Warranty to coordinate SB’s and related warranty claims
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Experience in Purchasing and Component Control
- Experience in Inventory Management / Optimisation within a Supply Chain environment
- Component Control Experience with the ability to develop an understanding of Aircraft industry Component Control or Purchasing
- Ability to think laterally and develop effective solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to effectively liaise with all levels of management, staff and suppliers
- Demonstrated analytical skills, logical and methodical approach to work.
- Strong customer focus, highly motivated and committed to continuous improvement.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Outlook and Excel
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Apply your talent where it counts - Great opportunity to work in an industry leading culture and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company with diverse projects - Enjoy flexibility and interest [...]
Responsibilities: - Keep inventory at optimal levels, ensuring stock weight (working capital) is both reasonable and necessary. - Achieve year on year improvements in the reduction of downtime throug [...]
Customer Care Officer - Medical Devices (12-15 months maternity relief) Opportunity awaits for a Customer Care superstar to put their mark on this growing organisation! 150 years of making life soun [...]
Customer Care Officer We are looking for a Customer Care superstar to join our energetic, growing organisation to help us ensure our customers receive only the best experience. Each day you will be: [...]