Frontline Recruitment Group
This highly regarded organisation has a rare vacancy for an experienced Health Promotions Manager to join their wonderful team. Apply now!
Indigenous Health Promotion Manager
This exemplary membership-based organisation is a community-controlled health organisation in Northern Queensland and delivers a wide range of primary health care services to various Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) communities in surrounding areas. This includes ATSI health practitioners, midwives, allied health staff, nurse educators and GP's, to name a few. The organisation is proudly focused on a family-centred model of comprehensive primary health care which sees clients as people embedded in families and communities in the local region.
Working collaboratively with your team and other managers within the network, you will be responsible for the planning, development, implementation and management of health promotion programs that adhere to the company's Model of Care and strategic objectives. Based in Far North QLD, your role will be diverse and exciting, with a fantastic depth of potential program initiatives to explore.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Promotion preferred, however extensive experience in a similar role will be considered.
- Previous demonstrated experience in the planning, development and implementation of health promotion programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of the issues that impact on ATSI communities and individuals and the ability to communicate with communities in accordance with local customs.
- Drivers Licence, and Blue Care, or ability to obtain.
- Ability to undertake a small amount of travel to communities when required
- Fantastic remuneration, inclusive of Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging, relocation assistance and staff benefits
- Amazing coastal lifestyle in far North QLD, where there is something for everyone
- Exceptional team dynamic with a strong collegial approach to supporting ATSI communities
- Incredibly diverse role where no-two-days are the same
- An opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of ATSI communities
The position is only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants as:
- the filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under s 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld), and
- there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community, in accordance with s 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
So if you think you genuinely have what it takes to be successful in this exceptional role, then we want to hear from you - APPLY with your CV today! And if this role isn't for you but you know someone who you think would excel in such a role then please forward this item on to them.
For a confidential chat, email me, Tara Rae, on [email protected] or call me directly on 0418 333 677.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- APS Level 6, Non-Ongoing until May 2022 - $80,665 - $91,713 + 15.4% super - Willis Island On behalf of Manager National Observing Operations, applications are sought from candidates interested [...]
- $135,310 - $141,170 plus 15.4% superannuation - Ongoing and non-ongoing, full-time and part-time opportunities - Various positions across Adelaide, Albury, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Dandenong, [...]
About National 360 National 360 aims to provide exceptional allied health services to clients of all ages across Australia. We lead the way with a straightforward and personal approach to allied hea [...]
- $100,325 - $108,349 per annum, plus 15.4% superannuation - Ongoing and non-ongoing, full-time and part-time opportunities - Various positions across Adelaide, Albury, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, [...]