primary writer of and provides advice on attendance and well researched, concise speeches and speech notes, emails and presentations on all agency remits for CEO and Executives with a key focus on ensuring awareness and engagement with the agency vision and purpose.
This role will report to the Branch Manager of Marketing and Communications to develop assets for the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to communicate and educate audiences (consumers, health care providers and stakeholder groups) on any existing, planned or proposed activity.
Ensuring that stakeholder needs are anticipated, issues resolved, and sensitivities proatively managed in a timely manner,
in order to optimise the stakeholder engagement in the delivery of the Framework for Action will be paramount.
- Provide a strategic level of specialist, professional and technical writing expertise
- Anticipate and establish key priorities, monitor progress and work to deliver comprehensive and engaging messages in a clear and articulate manner in the tone of voice appropriate for each audience and presenter.
- Establish and implement key performance indicators to track performance across all activities.
- Represent the Agency in a senior capacity to develop public facing assets as required through direct engagement with internal subject matter experts and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate and consult with the CEO and other Executives to develop and understand the style and preferences for speeches and to ensure that each speech or presentation is correctly and accurately crafted to support the Agency's strategic priorities and work programs, ensuring that the relevant strategy, message development, voice, branding, and other core goals are accomplished in each piece.
- Develop the capacity of other Agency staff in relation to speech notes, speech points, email, and presentation development.
- Work proactively with a high level of autonomy under broad direction from Executives to ensure relevant information is communicated efficiently and to deliver quality speeches, emails, and presentations.
- Communicate and make balanced decisions using professional judgement, evaluating ambiguous, technical, and incomplete information, factoring in risks and being sensitive to the context in which it is required.
- Collaborate with design, video, other creative staff and/or consultants to ensure that PowerPoints, flash movies, photos, video, or other collateral elements that accompany the speech are prepared and help execute the strategy for the presentation in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for the public facing presentation of complex or sensitive projects or work programs that have strategic, political and/or operational significance.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with a high degree of attention to detail
- Sound operating knowledge of communication delivery and channels, including speech writing, presentation production and research at a senior level.
- A strong influencer, with ability to succeed through building effective relationships and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for the Agency and employees.
- Communicating directly and respectfully, and thereby earning the confidence of our internal business partners, is paramount.
- Ability to analyse complex and highly technical information and translate into clear communication that meets the needs of the target audience
- Despite having no direct reports, the need to be able to effectively manage relationships is key. As such, a strong background as an Executive level manager, including the extensive management of highly skilled professional teams working in complex environments is required.
- Extensive experience in writing and editing in communications or journalism with extensive experience in a similar role is mandatory, whilst significant and demonstrated experience in a similar role within Australian Government sector is desirable
- Experience providing strategic consultation to and collaboration with senior executives and a demonstrated ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- Lived experience delivering speeches and presentations is also valued
Degree in Journalism, English and Literature, Communications or another related field highly regarded
Why apply with Hudson?
Wondering which agency to contact for your next contracting role? At Hudson, we value our contractors. We hope for a long and lasting relationship with you. You are not just another application to us. We work hard to offer you exceptional opportunities over and again, searching extensively for the best fit for both you and our client! Want to know more? Apply now!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About this role: About this role: 12 month contract Leading oil and gas operator Perth based /8 hours per day Brunel are recruiting a Contracts Engineer to support contract management activities [...]
The role An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Adviser to join our Clients and Markets team in Brisbane on a full time basis. This busy and varied role will see you provide [...]
The expected corporate landscape outlook has improved for 2021/2022 across the sectors, with business confidence improving compared to 2021. Corporates are wanting to engage with their stakeholders in [...]
Energetic & social environment. Flexible working arrangements Marketing position with lots of variety. Work with a great Marketing Manager Excellent benefits including annual incentive trips The Op [...]