About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst for a 12 months fixed term contract based in our Perth Office. This role will contribute to the successful implementation of the WA DER Market Orchestration, ensuring successful elicitation of future state requirements that contribute to successful development of the IT solution and meets the trial requirement as set out in WA DER Roadmap.
This role will develop business and functional requirements for business functions in scope for WA DER (DER Market use cases, data interfaces, reporting etc) to deliver the DER Market Orchestration in the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM)
The role will include the responsibility of the subject matter expert for requirements elicitation and management supporting the design, build and test phases, working closely with the business, IT and external partners in eliciting requirements, contributing to solution design, liaising with internal and external developers and testers.
If successful and depending on the COVID-19 situation at the time of your commencement, you may commence working from home.
AEMO provides an essential service and as such we actively promote flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader AEMO organisation.
- Drive change analysis and delivery at project level through active engagement and collaboration with key project stakeholders and operational business teams.
- Develop clear, measurable and testable, functional, non-functional requirements
- Engage with the business and IT when eliciting requirements and establishing success criteria, managing their expectations and understanding
- Develop wire frame diagrams, detailed data flow and process diagrams and data requirements for data models
- Develop and maintain a requirements traceability matrix, and manage requirements using Jira or Confluence platforms
- Fulfil the role subject matter expert for requirements during the design, build and test phases
- Contribute to planning and execution of the business analysis strategy
- Actively participate in the design, build and test phases identifying and resolving issues
- Contribute to systems related stakeholder and industry working groups
- Contribute to procurement processes relating to RFI / RFP / RFT
- Comply with AEMO policies and standards, ensure all applicable regulatory compliance requirements are captured and fulfilled.
- Provide effective reporting to the manager to ensure AEMO leadership is informed and aware of relevant key risks, issues and considerations that affect the service delivery, reputation and performance of the Technology division.
- Contribute to the team culture in regard to working conditions (including WHSE), team cohesion, communication and promotion of positive working environment and align behaviours with AEMO values and core competencies.
Required skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Certification in a business analyst competency (CCBA or CBAP)
- Agile certification (nice to have) or equivalent experience
- Experience in energy / utilities experience and an understanding of the current Australian Electricity Market
- Proven experience in Business analysis and have worked on large scale implementation projects in agile and hybrid environments
- Experience in delivering wire frame diagrams, data-flow diagrams, stakeholder requirements, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and system requirements
- Experience of developing business or product capability maps
- Experience of working for or with market operators
- Understanding of and experience in Software Development Life Cycles, including Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Ability to develop data models, integration requirements, user interface requirements, APIs
- Working knowledge of web, networks, web design principles, XML, Oracle, SQL, Microsoft products
- User liaison skills and ability to read, document and understand business requirements and technical specifications
- Able to write technical and business reports
- A team player with ability to work with cross functional team members, internal and external consultants and other 3rd parties
About the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
AEMO delivers secure, reliable energy to millions of Australians every day. Our work touches virtually all aspects of Australia’s industrial, business and domestic life. We ensure energy produced by electricity generators and gas suppliers reaches consumers nationwide.
We operate the national electricity grid and manage gas markets in all states except Northern Territory. We also operate Victoria’s gas system.
AEMO provides expert guidance to government and the energy sector to inform policy, investment decisions and infrastructure management. We play a crucial role in shaping Australia’s energy future.
Your career with AEMO
AEMO has some of Australia’s finest energy sector talent in its midst. Our work is intellectually challenging, and our people gain enormous satisfaction from solving the complex problems constantly facing them.
The continuing interplay of shifts in energy generation, reliability, affordability, and a low emissions future will ensure we at AEMO continue to be challenged and driven for many years to come.
So, make your next career move one that really matters!
Some of our employment benefits:
Here are some of the attractive employment benefits we offer:
- Professional development via projects, assignments, industry networks and job rotation
- Flexible working: work from home, part time and job share
- Discount health insurance, gym membership and other concessions
- Free salary continuance insurance and annual performance bonuses *
* Subject to eligibility
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Time Remaining days Western Australia Police Force Senior Business Analyst (Pool) Position Number: Pool Ref Level/Salary: Level , $, to $, p.a, PSCSAA Work Type: Permanent - Part Time, Per [...]
As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's r [...]
We have an exciting opportuntiy for an experienced BCC based with one of Australia's most well known and loved businesses based out in Hawthorn. Main Duties include : Ensure all promotions and dea [...]
Our Group IT team are currently sourcing a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Data & Reporting Analyst to join us at our Head Offices in Victoria Park reporting to the Applications Development [...]