About the Role
The AEMO project team is collaborating with Power Companies, IT vendors and Government Agencies to deliver an off market DER Orchestration trial called Project Symphony that has functional and integration interfaces across multiple organisations.
The AEMO Project will use Agile methodology and will align sprint planning, fortnightly sprint cadence and retrospectives within each organisational project team and scrum of scrums and joint sprint planning and retrospectives for across organisation collaboration and alignment.
The role of Senior Scrum Master is crucial in ensuring that project team is keeping the cadence and progressing the collaborative delivery while living agile and Symphony values and principles. This is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract based in Perth office.
- Run sprint planning, story sizing and prioritisation sessions. Coordinate with other delivery teams and suppliers, facilitating Agile Ceremonies, supporting scrum teams, removing blockers and ensure the scrum team focusses on high value activities and meet their goals.
- Run multiple scrum teams, coach, and mentor teams across departments that may have limited exposure to agile
- Engage and facilitate events with people from a diverse range of professional backgrounds, ensuring awareness and adoption of new ways of working.
- Align delivery teams and the business on outcome practices
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, trial, and error, and failing fast to help teams define processes and deliver the right solution.
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant Business or IT degree
- Agile Certification, and broader agile knowledge and experience
- Must have proven experience in agile delivery/Scrum Master or as an Agile Coach/Trainer
- Must have proven delivery experience in project/program environments
- Must have proven experience in software and system development projects
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an agile coach in environments with limited previous agile exposure
- Experienced supporting teams and organisations moving from a traditional waterfall methodology to an agile environment
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable in both demonstrating leadership and being part of a team
- Proactive and constructive
- Having project management experience and certifications will be of advantage
About the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
AEMO delivers secure, reliable energy to millions of Australians every day. Our work touches virtually all aspects of Australia’s industrial, business and domestic life. We ensure energy produced by electricity generators and gas suppliers reaches consumers nationwide.
We operate the national electricity grid and manage gas markets in all states except Northern Territory. We also operate Victoria’s gas system.
AEMO provides expert guidance to government and the energy sector to inform policy, investment decisions and infrastructure management. We play a crucial role in shaping Australia’s energy future.
Your career with AEMO
AEMO has some of Australia’s finest energy sector talent in its midst. Our work is intellectually challenging, and our people gain enormous satisfaction from solving the complex problems constantly facing them.
The continuing interplay of shifts in energy generation, reliability, affordability, and a low emissions future will ensure we at AEMO continue to be challenged and driven for many years to come.
So, make your next career move one that really matters!
Some of our employment benefits:
Here are some of the attractive employment benefits we offer:
- Professional development via projects, assignments, industry networks and job rotation
- Flexible working: work from home, part time and job share
- Discount health insurance, gym membership and other concessions
- Free salary continuance insurance and annual performance bonuses *
* Subject to eligibility
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for a ED SRMO for locum work in rural WA. Due to current restrictions the doctor must be WA based. Dates: 20 January (1000 - 2000) 23-24 January (2200 – 0800) 24-26 January [...]
About Us The Autism Association of Western Australia is the largest specialist lifespan organisation in Australia, providing support to people with Autism through a wide range of services from early [...]
An opportunity exists for the right person to join our successful family operated rural business approximately 200km south east of Perth in Narrogin. Basic mechanical knowledge is required and must h [...]
In Australia, Dentons has offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organ [...]