Transport For NSW
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the team:
The Infrastructure and Place division is in the process of delivering a once-in-a generation multi-billion dollar program of public infrastructure works which will ease congestion, improve safety, create new places and connect communities for generations to come.
We are dedicated and passionate team that is proud of the work we do and the supportive and flexible team culture we have built.
The Technical Services Branch provides specialised engineering services for the multi-modal delivery, operations and management of our Transport network, and is the centre of technical expertise driving innovation and best practice.
The role will manage the technical implementation and uptake of the TfNSW Digital Engineering Framework across project teams, key stakeholders and delivery partners. For more information on the Digital Engineering Framework please see the website.
The role also coordinates and assures (on behalf of TfNSW) digital engineering deliverables from suppliers delivering TfNSW projects.
Due to the unprecedented scale of investment in the Transport for NSW Future Transport strategy we have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Manager Regional Survey
Project Services to be part the Technical Service’s team.
The role is responsible for the management of risk through the provision of property, engineering, construction survey and utility locating services across all stages of the TfNSW multimodal asset lifecycle, including efficient disposal of assets.
The role provides digital engineering services leadership in the field of cadastral, engineering, construction surveying and utility locating by implementing survey technology that improves service delivery, and ensuring TfNSW remains an informed purchaser of professional surveying services.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new team and shape business processes. The role forms part of a sweeping new digital engineering branch.
The location for this role will be negotiable across our NSW branches.
What you will be involved in:
• Lead TfNSW survey teams in the delivery of property, utility locating, engineering, and construction surveys through close matrix collaborative relationships between technical survey and project teams ensuring dual accountability, problem solving and project successes.
• Model exceptional leadership in technical survey service delivery by implementing change, developing and inspiring people, providing direction, while continuing to implement more efficient, innovative and safe practices.
• Provide expert timely technical advice and services to Senior and Executive management of TfNSW to drive effective decision-making relating to surveying, asset disposals, digital engineering, and preservation of survey infrastructure.
• Build and maintain the reputation of TfNSW as a technical leader in surveying and digital engineering by driving best practice, standards and technical excellence across TfNSW, and the surveying industry at a State and National level.
• Lead and motivate others to cooperate in the adoption of agreed strategies and in the achievement of objectives where there can be conflicting interests and opinions.
• Liaise and negotiate with senior and executive leaders from other government agencies and private industry most notably the Land and Registry Services, Department of Customer Service - Spatial Services, Surveyor General and Registrar General to gain their commitment and co-operation, to achieve TfNSW objectives.
• Ensure survey services delivered by internal resources and external professional survey services providers comply with TfNSW policies and requirements, relevant standards, regulations and legislation.
• Act as a thought leader, remaining abreast of current and emerging planning issues and trends, including domestic and international best practice, innovative approaches, and opportunities to support the achievements of the project objectives.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Regional Survey Project Services that can take TfNSW into the new era of engineering.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Senior Management or Leadership roles within the surveying project space with an emphasis on large scale complex projects and their successful delivery.
To be successful in this position candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience in the provision of infrastructure technology advice and the management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
As this position is a senior manager position it is critical candidate possess a record of success at a management level in a large complex organisation with proven strategic leadership management competency and experience with the capacity to inspire staff to deliver.
The successful candidate will also need to possess extensive Stakeholder management expertise and experience to navigate through government processes combined with strong leadership skills with the ability to drive performance in complex, politically and commercially sensitive environment.
Key Knowledge and Experience:
• Extensive experience in surveying and associated technologies, the provision of surveying technical advice and services, the application of relevant legislation, and management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
• Record of success at a senior management level in a large complex organisation with proven strategic leadership management competency and experience with the capacity to inspire staff to deliver.
• Diploma qualification in Surveying, Bachelor of Engineering (Surveying) or equivalent qualifications.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology is a medical testing laboratory based in Macquarie Park, Sydney, New South Wales, employing more than 2,500 staff. We are committed to providing quality pathology servic [...]
As our new Talent Acquisition Coordinator, you will be a pivotal piece of our team with a focus on our candidate experience. Childcare Talent Acquisition Coordinator | Macquarie Park With an abs [...]
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatm [...]
Job no: 936839 Work type: Casual Location: Macquarie Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people ma [...]