Transport For NSW
The way we work is evolving, and we want to enable our people to work in ways that work for them. We’re moving from predominantly office-based work to a more flexible approach that supports working from different locations, including regionally. If you’re interested in working from a location not listed in the job ad, please get in touch with the Talent Specialist to discuss what’s possible.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces,
the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
For any enquiries, please email Lindy Wellington
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 2nd May 2021.
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the team:
The Infrastructure and Place division is in the process of delivering a once-in-a generation multi-billion dollar program of public infrastructure works which will ease congestion, improve safety, create new places and connect communities for generations to come. We are dedicated and passionate team that is proud of the work we do and the supportive and flexible team culture we have built.
The Technical Services Branch provides specialised engineering services for the multi-modal delivery, operations and management of our Transport network, and is the centre of technical expertise driving innovation and best practice.
The role will manage the technical implementation and uptake of the TfNSW Digital Engineering Framework across project teams, key stakeholders and delivery partners. For more information on the Digital Engineering Framework please see the TfNSW Digital Engineering website.
The role also coordinates and assures (on behalf of TfNSW) digital engineering deliverables from suppliers delivering TfNSW projects.
Due to the unprecedented scale of investment in the Transport for NSW Future Transport strategy we have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Manager Infrastructure Technology Services to be part the Technical Service’s team.
The role will lead to the improvement of existing technologies and accelerate the piloting and integration of new technologies to support digital engineering services for the division and the broader Transport cluster.
The role operates with a high level of autonomy and is expected to determine key operational objectives within the limits of delegated authority. The role is accountable for the delivery of assigned work and for the quality, integrity and validity of the service provided.
The role defers to the manager on issues that have a significant political impact or issues outside of financial delegation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new team and shape business processes. The role forms part of a sweeping new digital engineering branch.
What you will be involved in:
• Lead the technical development of technology services to build capability, enable digital project delivery and support whole-of-life solutions for Transport for NSW.
• Manage a diverse team of technical experts, responsible for delivering innovative and complex technology services to support Infrastructure and Place and more broadly Transport for NSW.
• Provide expert technical advice and guidance on technology services to key stakeholders across Transport for NSW, the NSW government and industry.
• Enable best in class technology services to support the division in the achievement of its objectives, ensuring stakeholders are engaged in the co-design process and business changes are communicated and managed effectively.
• Contribute to the planning and delivery of innovation within Technical Services, providing advice on technology requirements and considerations to Infrastructure and Place and client divisions across the cluster.
• Motivate, inspire and empower the development of a positive, inclusive and engaged team with a clear focus on the delivery of outcomes and the continued development of capabilities across the team.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of project teams and stakeholder groups, to build a comprehensive understanding of the benefits of new technologies, and the roadmap for business change.
• Act as a thought leader, remaining abreast of current and emerging planning issues and trends, including domestic and international best practice, innovative approaches, and opportunities to support the achievements of the project objectives.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Infrastructure Technology Services that can take TfNSW into the new era of engineering.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Senior Management or Leadership roles within the Infrastructure project space with an emphasis on large scale complex projects and their successful delivery.
To be succesful in this postion candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience in the provision of infrastructure technology advice and the management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
As this position is a senior manager position it is critical candidate possess a record of success at an management level in a large complex organisation with proven strategic leadership management competency and experience with the capacity to inspire staff to deliver.
The successful candidate will also need to possess extensive Stakeholder management expertise and experience to navigate through government processes combined with strong leadership skills with the ability to drive performance in complex, politically and commercially sensitive environment.
Key Knowledge and Experience:
• Extensive technical experience with developing and/or implementing new technologies, to support effective communication, coordination and information exchange between project stakeholders across the project lifecycle.
• Experience using agile methodologies to deliver rapid and continuous releases of technology solutions, with a focus on customer engagement, user requirements and benefits realisation.
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Location:- NSW Government Department based in Macquarie Park/CBD/WFH - 6 month contract / 3 days per week - $1100 p/d PMO Lead / Project Specialist In partnership with this large Financial [...]
Gorgeous recently 'Exceeding' rated centre based close to station, leadership role in 2-3 or 3-4's Your new company This Stunning centre near Macquarie Park is looking for a room leader to join th [...]
Job Description Customer Care - Permanent Full Time & Contract Positions available - Based at Hunters Hill - Be part of a collaborative, fun team! - Leading Aged Care provider, offering jo [...]
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology is a medical testing laboratory based in Macquarie Park, Sydney, New South Wales, employing more than 2,500 staff. We are committed to providing quality pathology servic [...]