Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
About the team
The Operations, Customer and Place-making team ensures Sydney Metro is equipped to deliver integrated, reliable, customer focused and efficient services. We are also managing large scale place-making projects, designing and developing thriving precincts where community members can gather, connect, shop, work and play.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far and excited for the full vision of Sydney Metro to come to life.
We have a very unique opportunity for a Transport Planner to join our Customer and Place-making team on for a permanent full time basis. Reporting directly into the Senior Manager Transport Planning, the primary purpose of the role is to assist in the provision of high level transport planning and advisory with a focus on sustainable transport, transport modelling and traffic engineering. The successful applicant will also be involved in the following:
- Develop strategic multi-modal transport planning advice, data and evidence, assessments and supporting documentation to help inform and manage transport planning activities
- Collate, consolidate, analyse and review strategies and initiatives produced by state and local governments in order to drive Sydney Metro alignment with whole of government objectives
- Prepare draft planning documentation as required in line with deadlines, quality standards and user expectations
- Develop, implement and improve efficient, comprehensive monitoring and reporting systems to address Sydney Metro’s interactions with key stakeholders
- Provide information, advice and options to support investment assurance processes and activities
- Ensure efficiency in the reporting and management of activities, programs and tasks assigned.
- Collaborate in the preparation of critical transport documentation, including but not limited to strategies, EIS inputs, presentations, studies, traffic and transport assessments, with other members of Sydney Metro and other stakeholders
Please clickto view a copy of the role description.
To be successful in this role, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced, highly complex environment. You will have a sound understanding of the workings of Government, as well as a proven track record of providing high level Transport Planning Advise. Attention to detail, initiative and a can do approach are essential. You act with a high level of integrity and discretion as you will be handling highly confidential and commercial - in - confidence information.
You possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a part of a team.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 7 ($103,965- $116,441) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading. For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
<div><ul> <li><strong>Be part of a proactive team environment and forward thinking organisation<strong><li> <li><strong>Permanent full time opportunity [...]
Be part of a proactive team environment rward thinking Confidential Permanent full time opportunity based in Confidential Senior level opportunity to work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating work [...]
Job Description We have a new role available for a Transport Planner and Modeller to sit within our growing New South Wales Transport Planning team based in Sydney and will be responsible for the pro [...]
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most p [...]