Physical health is never just about our body. It’s our mind, feelings and ambitions. When something holds it back, it’s our whole life on hold.
We’re here to change that, to use technology to take the limits off living, and help other medical professionals do the same.
So that farmworkers, rugby players, grandmas and their grandkids stare down fear, see that anything’s possible, then go on stronger. Inspired by a simple promise. Two words that bring together all we do…
In conjunction with HR and Sales Executive Leadership, The Commercial Leadership Coach is responsible for upskilling and equipping sales managers with the knowledge and skills to exceed target,
attract and retain talent, coach and develop their sales team, and manage performance through proven business planning processes.
This role is also responsible for the oversight of Selling Skills implementation within the appropriate Franchise/ Cluster. On a day to day basis, you should facilitate the Smith & Nephew sales leader and team effectiveness curriculum and content through 1:1 and small group coaching interactions, instructor led courses, and virtual classrooms and digital learning plans.
The Key Focus Areas of the Role
- Deliver and facilitate training and coaching on sales manager competencies (e.g., selling skills, negotiation skills, business planning) and managerial skills (e.g., attracting and retaining top sales talent, how to coach a sales rep, how to measure performance of their team, how to be an inspiring leader) with the primary goal to ensure that managers (1) are effective at these skills (2) spend enough time coaching their team on those skills since they act as "amplifier" : Certify managers to these standards. Engage in tailored 1:1 coaching and small group coaching of sales managers and engaging in their day to day to help address selling skills and managerial skills gaps, and aligns coaching to specific needs of the leader, fit for purpose for immediate business impact (70%)
- Lead the execution of Selling Skills curriculum at a local level - working closely with Commercial Training Managers
- Collaborate with the Global Content Development team to contribute to content development (10%)
- Attend and observes select sales teams meetings (e.g., join weekly huddles, pipeline calls, 1-1 rep/manager coaching, leadership meetings), (10%)
- Helps sales managers manager performance and lighthouse projects - providing learning reinforcement and one-on-one coaching (10%)
The Requirements of the Successful Candidate
- Bachelor degree required, Master Degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years sales experience, with 2-3 years working in a life sciences sales management role
- 2+ years working in learning related fields preferred
- Licenses/ Certifications: Adult Learning, facilitation skills certification (e.g. Bob Pike Certification, Langevin Learning) / ADDIE instructional design / Train the Trainer certification (e.g. Pioneer, Lane 4, Langevin) / Certified in Smith & Nephew selling and coaching skills
- Possess a sound understanding of positive coaching techniques, leadership models, and other sales manager competencies
- Knowledge of and practical application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles (e.g. ADDIE)
- Problem solving and analytical skills required to uncover root cause and develop improvement initiatives
- Travel: 50% Local, 50% Away
- Live the values of Care, Collaboration + Courage
#LifeUnlimited with S+N:
- We’ll support you to develop your career with a mix of on the job experience, support and mentorship from colleagues and formal learning opportunities.
- We respect that individual employees have individual needs in both their personal and professional lives and our culture encourages work/life agility.
- Your wellness is important to us, which is why we have created a range of options to help you maintain and improve your physical, mental and financial health.
To apply, please ensure that you include a cover letter addressing it to Talent Acquisition Lead ANZ. Due to a high volume of applications, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Smith & Nephew is committed to helping people regain their lives by repairing and healing the human body. We believe that this can only be achieved by establishing mutually beneficial relationships with all of our stakeholders including patients, healthcare professionals, investors, and employees. If you share our passion for innovation and can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined, we would love to hear from you.
We continue to actively build an environment where every individual can fulfill their potential and be proud ambassadors for Smith & Nephew, our customers and their patients. We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone.
**We ask that agencies not reach out to the hiring managers at this stage as we will be following an internal talent acquisition process. Feel free to contact the TA ANZ team for more information.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Community Service Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have th [...]
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have the experience and s [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) project will bring together researchers, industry partners and [...]
Data Migration Lead - 6 Month Contract We’re currently seeking a Data Migration Lead for a 6 month contract working with a large education provider in Melbourne. The role will be working across a [...]