Physical health is never just about our body. It’s our mind, feelings and ambitions. When something holds it back, it’s our whole life on hold.
We’re here to change that, to use technology to take the limits off living, and help other medical professionals do the same.
So that farmworkers, rugby players, grandmas and their grandkids stare down fear, see that anything’s possible, then go on stronger. Inspired by a simple promise. Two words that bring together all we do…
Responsible for leading Ortho Specialties ANZ function through the design, development and delivery of orthopedic and sports medicine medical device product(s)
in accordance with ANZ product realization procedures and adherence to global policies and reporting.
Supports S+N’s commitment to transforming the business through enabling technologies by providing technical insight and guidance with relevant technical elements of new product launches. This involves close collaboration with the marketing and sales teams and customer focus to manage projects, support activities, and enable market entries.
Provides critical inputs to Global, Regional and Local development initiatives focused on driving innovation through new technology and products.
The Key Focus Areas of the Role
- Manages product realisation projects for ANZ Orthopedic and Sports Medicine business units through the full process from discovery, design, development to implementation.
- Responsible for regular project reporting to relevant internal and external stakeholders (customers, vendors and external business partners, sales team members, marketing, operations, QA/RA, business unit directors)
- Ensures maintenance of project documentation throughout all phases of research and development in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Reviews, recommends, generates and implements local product realization processes in compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Supports assigned technical components of New Product Launches through collaboration with the Marketing Team. Provides technical insight and guidance to support the adoption and growth of enabling technology in orthopedics.
- Contributes to Global and Regional Product Development by providing feedback and input to the development of new products aligned with ANZ customer needs.
The Requirements of the Successful Candidate
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, Mechatronic or similar discipline)
- Experience in medical devices is essential
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in the orthopedic medical device industry highly desirable
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in product design & development
- Project management experience within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience in process development, improvement & control
- Experience in working with multiple priorities and demands
- Technical: Microsoft Office / CAD Software (Nx Unigraphics) / Experience with ISO 13485 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems / PLM systems
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Domestic Travel - Up to 10%
- Live the values of Care, Collaboration + Courage
#LifeUnlimited with S+N:
- We’ll support you to develop your career with a mix of on the job experience, support and mentorship from colleagues and formal learning opportunities.
- We respect that individual employees have individual needs in both their personal and professional lives and our culture encourages work/life agility.
- Your wellness is important to us, which is why we have created a range of options to help you maintain and improve your physical, mental and financial health.
To apply, please ensure that you include a cover letter addressing it to Talent Acquisition Lead ANZ. Due to a high volume of applications, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Smith & Nephew is committed to helping people regain their lives by repairing and healing the human body. We believe that this can only be achieved by establishing mutually beneficial relationships with all of our stakeholders including patients, healthcare professionals, investors, and employees. If you share our passion for innovation and can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined, we would love to hear from you.
We continue to actively build an environment where every individual can fulfill their potential and be proud ambassadors for Smith & Nephew, our customers and their patients. We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone.
**We ask that agencies not reach out to the hiring managers at this stage as we will be following an internal talent acquisition process. Feel free to contact the TA ANZ team for more information.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Senior Systems Engineer New South Wales - Sydney up to $130000 per annum Permanent Engineering Job Reference 257726/001 Senior Systems Engineer Sydney Salary AUD 125 - 130k basic + package (negot [...]
Digital is not just about technology, people or process – it’s about all three. At Lendlease Digital, we’re changing the way we think, the way we work and how we deploy digital solutions to crea [...]
APPLY NOW Back to Job Search - Leaders of leading Legal Software Technology - Fast track progression - grow your career in the direction you want - Work with the top Enterprise businesses across Aust [...]
About us We're problem solvers, driven by a simple desire to do work that matters. We're constantly evolving ourselves and leveraging the latest AI technologies to create elegant, innovative solutio [...]