Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd.
Jetstar thrives on innovation. We're always looking for proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice.
Jetstar is looking for a Powerplant Technical Specialist to assist Jetstar Fleet Technical Management (FTM) within the Engineering Department of our Continuous Airworthiness Management Organisation. The role is to support Engine and APU assets currently installed across the Jetstar A320/A321 fleets (V2500 & 131-9A). Fundamentally this position will ensure fleet health, compliance, configuration and operational performance requirements are met.
As a critical role within the Jetstar Engineering business, you will be self-motivated, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. Fleet Development opportunities to assist in maximising the A320 Fleet are critical to this role.
Safety is our number one priority at Jetstar. At every stage, our safety standards are at the highest level. At Jetstar it's a highly responsible, thorough, and rewarding career path.
Reporting into the Airbus Powerplant Manager, key responsibilities of this role include:
- Review daily ALL deferred defects on the fleet that have a direct effect on the A320 engines / APUs.
- Daily Technical Review of the Fleet, and where required ensure that the Maintenance Operations Department is supported with robust Technical support.
- Ensure all ICA is assessed per company policy and procedures.
- Provide Technical support for AOG Technical issues affecting Powerplants, as required.
- Ensure that the TRAX database is maintained 100% accurate against the Powerplant ATA group.
- Maintain an overview of the fleet Configuration, and ensure that the fleet standards are maintained.
- Ensure that the Fleet Powerplants deliver the OTP goals set by Jetstar senior management.
- Initiate any fleet campaigns that may be required due to reliability and/or safety related findings from the operational fleet.
- Monitor scheduled maintenance program task findings to improve effectiveness of the AMP, V2500 eMMP and 131-9A Tech Spec.
- Work with MRO Technical Representatives to support operational requirements during applicable maintenance events.
- Work with External Engine/APU MRO’s to ensure that Jetstar deliverables are met.
- Consult with Fleet Planning to ensure all maintenance requests are aligned with the expectations of Jetstar including engine and APU removal programmes.
- Act on any OSCARS that have an effect on the Aircraft Powerplants.
- Fleet Development support.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A Powerplant Engineering background, or a qualifications as a LAME with engine rating/experience, or Professional Engineering qualification.
- Experience in Airworthiness Directive and Service Literature Assessment.
- Experience in using compliance management platforms including TRAX.
- Capability in handling multiple tasks under pressure, within strictly defined time frame
- An ability to articulate complex engineering initiatives to broad stakeholder groups
- Effective relationship management skills with Vendors/ Suppliers
- A Process driven mindset, with experience in constructing new process’s to deliver business goals.
- Able to build effective working relationships, and ability to work autonomously
- Understanding of aircraft systems including AIRMAN, AIRNAV and advantage.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Can you develop and scale programs to enhance student employability? Are you passionate about working with stakeholder networks to create student development strategies? Is team leadership in your DNA [...]
- Executive Level 1, Non-ongoing - $98,209 - $110,623 + 15.4% super - Melbourne The Security Vulnerability Management Tester is an information security specialist who contributes to the implement [...]
Requisition Title - LSM Credit Risk Specialist Job Number: - AUS131165 Description LSM Credit Risk Specialist Role type: 12/month fixed-term opportunity, full-time Role location: 833 Collins S [...]
As the Graduations Team Leader, you will be responsible for the provision of excellent client service delivery to internal and external customers of the University. This is an excellent opportunity as [...]