St John's School
St John’s School in Rangeway, Geraldton, is a single stream, co-educational primary school educating students from Kindergarten to Year Six. We pride ourselves on catering for the individual needs of all students in a safe and supportive environment. A strong sense of community is evident with the school, parish and families all working in collaboration in the best interests of the students. Early intervention, diverse specialist learning areas, an Enrichment Program and Drumbeat are some of the initiatives embedded at St John’s School.
We are currently seeking one full time Education Assistant (Special Needs) to join our team of committed educators for the 2021 school year.
The successful applicants will be working in the Year One Classroom, assisting with students who have special needs.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Education Assistant (Special Needs) who has the necessary knowledge, skills, ability and professional desire to demonstrate:
• A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
• Enthusiasm and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A willingness to work under the direction of the classroom teacher
• Creativity and initiative
• An ability to develop positive relationships with children
• An understanding of the developmental needs of young children
• Competency in the use of ICT
• Well developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• Experience and understanding of working with children with special needs
• The capability to work collaboratively with other staff to promote the positive culture of the school
• The capacity and enthusiasm to build community within the school in collaboration with staff, parents and students
• A willingness to be actively involved in and supportive of all school events and initiatives
• Certificate III or IV Teacher Assistant Qualification is highly desirable
• Accreditation to Work, completed or working towards, is highly desirable
Applicants must submit a cover letter, their curriculum vitae and attend to the Selection Criteria, all addressed to the Principal. The names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer also need to be provided. Please submit your application to by 3:00pm on 3/05/2021.
For further information please visit
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
In applying for this position you will be providing personal information to the School. This information will be used in order to assess your application for employment.
A current National Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia must also be included. The appropriate Criminal History Record Check form is available from the Department of Education website.
On appointment successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Application forms are available at certain Australia Post Outlets throughout the State. A list of participating Australia Post outlets can be found on the Australia Post website . An application for a WWC must be made in person.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH Appointment Pool Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community? Beachlands Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Teachers – [...]
Our Client Our client is a highly regarded European manufacturer and distributor of high quality Self-Propelled Sprayers designed to utilise innovative technology to maximise cr [...]
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE This is a permanent part-time (.FTE) position commencing July The Public Schools Planning Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, flexible and committed Ki [...]
Centre Manager - Karrinyup & Geraldton - Fantastic opportunity for a passionate people leader who enjoys engaging a team, driving business performance and developing strategies to enhance the client [...]