Our Team is growing, and we are looking for both an Intermediate and a Senior Mobile Engineer to further strengthen our mobile app team. The team is tasked with the delivery of quality and innovative solutions to delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities of digital transformation.
Now is a great time to join this team as we are working towards the Globalisation of our Mobile App. You’ll be perfect for this role if you are looking to be part of a team that works at a fast pace, thrives on innovation and values continuous learning. Together, you’ll be breaking new ground and helping Flight Centre transform, digitally.
At the core of the role is building reliable and scalable solutions that add value to our customers’ experiences. The team is responsible for the cross-platform development of iOS and Android in the design, build, test and release of our suite of apps.
The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of good software engineering practice.
What you’ll spend your time doing:
- Design, develop, test and release iOS & Android applications primarily using Kotlin/Swift & Kotlin Multiplatform
- Craft high quality, secure, testable, maintainable code that is not over engineered
- Own the quality of what we build, through testing, test automation and observability to ensure operational reliability and performance
- Analyse business requirements and problem solve to create the right solutions for our customers
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers to provide feedback to ensure we maintain quality, standards, meets requirements and compliance
- Maintain and improve our documentation across code bases, architectures and our knowledge bases
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in software development with proven experience building, testing and releasing mobile apps
- Strong experience in software testing from unit tests and UI tests
This will earn you bonus points:
- Experience in building apps for online & offline, utilising APIs, real-time push notifications and consuming native APIs
- AWS cloud experience
- Experience with DevOps tooling & practices valuing a DevOps culture
- Experience working with Firebase
- Maintain compliance posture across systems
- Experience with observability tools, such as logging (Splunk, Kibana) and monitoring (New Relic)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals bookable through our internal team of travel agents, Travelwise
- Discounted financial and health services through our Moneywise and Healthwise businesses
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
At Flight Centre, our vision is to open the world for those who want to see and in digital commerce our mission is to deliver seamless digital experiences for our customers.
Across all our brands, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively to achieve our goals.
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Work for a leading global brand with iconic brands - Autonomy and ownership for your business area - Fantastic support from the business and global career opportunities Stanley Black and Decke [...]
Alliance Labour Solutions is a national company specialising in the provision of labour-hire and recruitment solutions to the Mining, Civil/Construction, Transport/Logistics and Maintenance Industries [...]
A great opportunity within the Pilbara region for highly motivated Skirt/Roller Technicians with mining experience. About the Job: We are in the search for results-driven people to join our team [...]
Job no: 500799 Work type: Part Time Location: Regional QLD Categories: At Milestones Early Learning Roma, we are a dedicated and passionate group of Educators and we're excited to welcome ou [...]