National Australia Bank
- Working within our markets Electronic Trading team
- Dynamic and results driven environment
- Sydney Dealing room based role
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
About the role
An outstanding new opportunity has become available for an experienced developer within the markets electronic trading team. Working in a dynamic and collegiate trading room environment, the role focuses on building out connectivity to market venues and expanding the market making and algorithmic trading capabilities of the platform.
- Develop and support the electronic trading platform: Enhance and expand in-house pricing and risk management components, including connectivity to different venuesImplement scalable and high availability services, demonstrating accountability for the implementation and operation of the platformSupport the platform in conjunction with the global development team and designated support teams
- Develop high performance financial markets applications in collaboration with colleagues: Develop and maintain high coding standards in Java to an expert level. Knowledge of Python, and tick data (kdb) also beneficialUnderstand the functional and non-functional requirements of building and running systems in an electronic trading environmentExhibit a disciplined and collaborative approach to software design, development, evidenced by flexible, maintainable, peer reviewed code
As the successful candidate you’ll be a highly experienced developer with a minimum of 5 years professional background in financial markets. You’ll have a proven history of collaboration with traders, quants and developers to deliver critical system components from design through to production, and bring a high level of domain knowledge in market making, algorithmic trading and market connectivity. It is highly desirable that you have experience in foreign exchange and/or fixed income asset classes and be eager to expand your knowledge in financial products within the context of electronic trading.
Further technical skills and experience will include:
- A detailed understanding of market data and order protocols such as FIX
- Networking, messaging architecture (TCP, UDP unicast/multicast, reliable, guaranteed)
- Unix systems (Redhat)
- Building highly performant, reliable systems in a high-throughput, low-latency environment using core Java (Data Structures, Concurrency, Memory Allocation, GC, OOP)
What we offer
This rewarding opportunity will see you working within the front office electronic trading team, focused on creating a best in class platform and delivering the best experience to our customers.
You'll be rewarded with a structured career path that offers a competitive market salary, annual performance incentives, and a flexible working environment and employee benefits.
We're NAB We are proud to have dedicated $70 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
MMAPSS Project Application Form 2021 - 2022 Online Project Application MMAPSS Overview: MMAPSS is an annual outreach program of grants and internships jointly funded by the Australian Governm [...]
Company Description - Casual and Full Time positions available - Up to 14 days on 7 days off - Immediate Start Job Description Are you experienced in Cleaning, Housekeeping or Food & Bev [...]
Job ID: 580841 Job type: Full Time - Permanent Categories: Engineering (All disciplines) Who we are Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. [...]
Riverside Theatres is a premier performing arts venue in Western Sydney . The staff at Riverside Theatres are passionate about bringing the very best the performing arts has to offer to audiences. The [...]