Legal Aid NSW
Control Room Operator-000089IZ
Job Status: Ongoing, Full-time
Salary: Base wage of $31.89 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH1672
Applications Close: Sunday, 2 May 2021, 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: [email protected]
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
At the Sydney Opera House you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our
YOUR NEW ROLE
The purpose of the role is to monitor systems including CCTV, Fire and access control systems, identity potential incidents and assist with emergency response for the provision of a safer and secure physical environment at the Opera House.
You will be assisting in the management and coordination of incidents at SOH and in surrounding precincts, and proactively patrol the site for early threat detection.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated operational experience within a security control room environment within a high profile or high public visitation site characterised by high levels of constantly changing activity, with a large range of cameras and systems.
- Experience in delivering security or related services within heightened level of threat and experience of a multitude of security incident types and responses and in liaising with outside security agencies and emergency services
- Thorough understanding of the Workplace Surveillance Act 2005, along with all the relevant laws and regulations surrounding the operations of CCTV and thorough understanding of CCTV policies within a large organisation
- Proven experience in investigating Security and or terrorism related incidents
- Proven capability to work under pressure and operate multiple systems in a high pressure work environment
- Current Class 1 AC Security Licence, minimum Certificate III in Security Operations with a Registered Training Organisation (or able to obtain within 12 months of start date), a Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate and a Senior First Aid Certificate.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to resolve problems requiring interpretation and assessment of complex situations
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, as well as strong administrative and report writing skills
- The ability to work 12 hour shifts on a 24/7 rotating roster
- Ability to make sound decisions in complex environments that have the potential to jeopardise the safety and integrity of the building
- Relevant experience in dealing with complex situations with a changing or mobile threat incident
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are commitment to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession. Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives
- Working for an organisation with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And many more!
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, refugee status and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process please send an email to [email protected] or call us on 02 9250 7743.
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to include the following documents with their applications
- Up to date resume of no more than five pages
- Address their suitability in a cover letter of no more than one page
In additional, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform.
- Sydney Opera House, as a world heritage listed site and arguably Australia’s most iconic architectural building, is a place where performing arts and culture is enjoyed by millions of people all year round. Describe, in depth, what you believe to be the core functions and requirements of a control room at a venue such as this. Consider in your response the application of various security systems that are used within a security control room, any significant local or international incidents that have occurred in recent times, and how these incidents would influence the development of a robust and effective security control room operation.
- The role of a Security Control Room Operator is considered to be an essential and integral component of any security team working for a large scale and dynamic organisation. In your opinion and experience, what skills are required to be an excellent control room operator? Consider in your response how you could contribute to the existing Sydney Opera House security team to enhance its capabilities in providing a safe and secure environment.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment . The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Sydney Region-Sydney City
Number of Positions
1Total Remuneration Package:Base wage of $31.89 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation contributionsContactBelen [email protected]
Sydney Opera House Trust
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
To: Ambitious Dance Teacher Re: Teaching dance exclusively Location: 100's of primary schools Hours: 8.30am to 4:30pm weekdays Package: $60,000 to $80,000 p.a. 5 Essentials: 1. Understanding [...]
St Clare’s College is seeking an outstanding and experienced PDHPE Teacher to join our highly successful, future-focused College. St Clare’s College is seeking a qualified and experienced teache [...]
CS Education is looking for part-time primary school teachers who are able to teach in the suburb of Strathfield. Experienced or retired school teachers are preferred. CS Education is looking for pa [...]
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Primary teachers for casual relief K-6. Successful applicants will possess: A commitment to supporting a positive religious and cultural Catholic [...]