As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology.
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our employees to grow through professional development, training opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our sport teams, monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work hard play hard is not just a cliché here. Comprehensive health care packages, fitness and education reimbursement are just a few of our benefits.
Datto is looking for an L2 Security Analyst to enhance our existing security event monitoring practices as an essential member of the global security operations team.You will be responsible for responding to alerts from a variety of best-in-class security technologies and ultimately advance intrusion monitoring effectiveness, workflows, and program capabilities from the front lines. You will investigate all manner of suspicious activity with the ability to escalate complex cases to senior members of the team. This is a hands-on technical individual contributor role that will work with numerous tools, environments, and technologies, demanding a motivated, clever, and analytical thinker. You are an ideal candidate if you have experience in rapid triage and analysis and seek experience in a diverse/tech-savvy large-scale environment.
Does This Describe You:
You are a self-motivated strategic thinker, passionate for intrusion analysis, and you’re devoted to learning everything you can about the way attackers compromise companies and how to detect them. Your favourite part of being an analyst is solving tough puzzles that don’t easily reveal their answers. You will never be caught asking for help before you’ve scoured Google for the answer.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Perform the intrusion analysis and daily monitoring responsibilities of a security operations analyst with metric and service level agreement goals
- Stand-alone role in Australia reporting into US Manager, Intrusion Monitorring
- Investigate suspicious activity from external and internal threats independently from a queue of work, tracking your activities via a case management system.
- Research, create, test, and tune custom correlation rules in a variety of security controls.
- Provide support to security engineering projects of varying size and technical complexity to enhance the intrusion monitoring posture.
- Establish process and documentation that support achievement of compliance programs plus create, maintain and execute incident response playbooks
- Manage workflow automation, threat intelligence, and case management life cycles.
- Stay up to date with news and trends in information security including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a security event analysis, intrusion monitoring, or incident response role
- Direct hands-on working knowledge with a variety of security technologies including UTM, NGAV, SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, CTI, UEBA, SOAR
- Solid understanding of network protocols, architecture, and network analysis techniques
- Solid understanding of correlating host based logs and/or telemetry
- Solid understanding of kill chain analysis and identifying anomalous behaviour
- Experience using commercial and open source threat intelligence resources
- Experience analysing Linux systems and environments for malicious activity
- Familiar with SANS 20 Critical Controls, OWASP Top 10, Lockheed Cyber Kill Chain, Mitre ATT&CK;, and other frameworks
Datto - A little more!
Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. Datto supports our partners 24/7/365. This commitment is a value at the core of every role in every office, always doing the right thing, and putting our customers first.
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Private health insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Income protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
(AU Only) Note: Only candidates who are Australian Citizens or hold perm residency will be considered.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal talent team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Community Service Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have th [...]
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have the experience and s [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) project will bring together researchers, industry partners and [...]
Data Migration Lead - 6 Month Contract We’re currently seeking a Data Migration Lead for a 6 month contract working with a large education provider in Melbourne. The role will be working across a [...]