- Maitland Location
- Full Time and Casual positions available
We are seeking passionate, energetic and caring Youth Support Workers who truly love what they do. We have Full Time and Casual vacancies available.
Own It - How we get the job done
In Maitland we are fortunate to assist a diverse range of young customers aged 12 to 18 in our Out of Home Care Accommodation services. These young people have a range of conditions including challenging behaviours, autism, attachment disorders, anxiety, depression, anger, aggression, post traumatic stress and disengagement.
We are seeking Support Workers who are resilient and have a sound understanding of the importance of supporting children and young people in line with our commitment to the Child Protection Act 1999.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring and skill development - guiding young people to develop independent living skills
- Being a positive role model and provide positive support in areas such as emotional behaviour, personal care and hygiene, transport, education, cooking and domestic duties
- Administering medication and adherence to support plans
- Completing clear, concise and factual handover notes and incident reports
- Managing complex and challenging behaviours (including aggressive behaviours)
- Helping young people to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
- Hold or be working towards a Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, Disability, Children's Services, Counselling, Case Management or relevant field or;
- Hold or have completed the first 12 months of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Nursing, Psychological Science, Social Science, Social Welfare or relevant field
- Experienced in managing challenging behaviours
- Educated about mental health/illness
- Strong communication skills
- Current Drivers Licence (Mandatory requirement)
- Current Working with Children Check Card (or be willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003 (or be willing to obtain)
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes days, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a difference in people's lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams.Other benefits include:
- Hourly rate based SCHCADS Awards
- Self Managed Teams and inclusive culture
- Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We're people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring. We believe everyone is equal. We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
General labourer, required to help carry materials, mix cement in a mixer, clean up etc.. and help out where asked on a house renovation. CONDITIONS: 1.NO DRUGS! 2. NO DRUGS!! 3. NO D [...]
Location NELSON BAY St Michael's Primary School Vacancy Type Temporary Part Time Hours/FTE 0.6 FTE Description St Michael's Primary School, Nelson Bay is seeking temporary part time 0.6 te [...]
The program Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunit [...]
Experienced Receptionist Vacancy Type Administration - Support Hours Per Week Negotiable Position From 14 May 2021 Ad Expiry Date 14 Aug 2021 Description Position Description Better He [...]