New South Wales
- Individual Support and Accommodation Services
- Casual roles
- Variety of hours - 2 - 8 hour shifts
We are seeking passionate, energetic and caring support workers who enjoy what they do - improving the lives of their customers. Across the Coffs Coast region we are fortunate to assist a diverse range of people within our Individual Support and Supported Independent Living programs. We are seeking Support Workers who enjoy helping people & who believe they are a perfect fit for our core values.
Own It - How we get the job done
We are seeking applications from experienced, resourceful and committed individuals to join our accommodation service in Coffs Coast region on a casual basis.
We provide individual support to customers in their own homes and supported independent living services to customers who have had contact with, or are at risk of entering, the Criminal Justice System. Our team support customers with intellectual disability, cognitive deficit, personality disorder, or mild to serious mental illness to work towards living independently in the community.
We are looking for Support Workers who can provide positive encouragement, help to build and develop relationships within the community, encourage life skills and inspire confidence in those around you.
As a support worker in this team you will:
- Provide mentoring and skill development, assisting customers to explore their interests
- Assist with coaching independent life skills and social skills
- Helping our clients to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Assist customers to meet their individual support plans
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
- Be willing to be available to work a variable roster which includes mornings, afternoons, active nights and weekends
- Previous experience supporting people with complex trauma backgrounds
- Experience of supporting people with medication needs will be advantageous
- Experience working with people who have a range of behavioral concerns and needs
- Versatile communication skills; the ability to communicate and interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current drivers licence and own vehicle
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003)
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services or Welfare will be advantageous
- Knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- Strong computer skills and written skills to communicate with the team and accurately record shift notes
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a different in people's lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams.
You will be able to:
- Use your strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with a wide variety of customers
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Work collaboratively in a complex environment as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Work within a Self Managed Team
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About National 360 National 360 aims to provide exceptional allied health services to clients of all ages across Australia. We lead the way with a straightforward and personal approach to allied h [...]
Want to be part of a growing organisation who is passionate about providing quality care to our vulnerable communities? Are you studying individual support qualification or having experience in workin [...]
14th May, 2021 Tulgeen Group is the leading disability services provider in the picturesque Bega Valley, offering comprehensive support to its 130 NDIS clients. Working closely with the Board, you [...]
Job no: 496478 Employment type: Casual Location: Gosford & Central Coast Categories: Disability About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit org [...]