Slater and Gordon
Practice Group Leader (Sydney Metro/GWS)
Why work for us?
Slater and Gordon is a leading Australian Personal Injury law firm. Our people are passionate advocates for clients, providing a personal and caring service. For their part, our clients value an expert, tailored service from people they can depend on.
We pride ourselves on offering accessible, world class legal services to people from all backgrounds and socio-economic circumstances. We work hard to simplify the legal process for them and provide support and guidance along the way.
At Slater and Gordon you’re exposed to varied and interesting work and the constant opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of everyday people.
Slater and Gordon employees enjoy a genuine opportunity for professional development in an environment that values and recognises high performance.
If you are motivated, hardworking, and enjoy a fast-paced workplace, then consider a career with us. As a firm committed to promoting social justice, our staff value being part of an inclusive and diverse team. Candidates from all cultural backgrounds and social groups are encouraged to apply for this position.
What are we looking for?
An incredibly unique opportunity has arisen to join our Workers Compensation / Motor Vehicle Accident practice group in New South Wales as our Practice Group Leader (PGL) for Sydney Metro / Greater Western Sydney. We are open to flexible work discussions and office location, however, this will be part of our wider NSW/ACT practice and we anticipate the office location can be in our Sydney, Ashfield or Penrith office.
You will not only work alongside likeminded individuals; but also be responsible for the development of their designated practice group by pursuing sustainable business development opportunities, managing a complex file load and effectively supervising and managing a number of teams and offices.
As part of a wider NSW and ACT Practice Group, you will work closely with other PGLs and report into a General Manager of the Workers Compensation / Motor Vehicle Accident Division.
Integral to your success in this position you will be responsible for:
- Leading all members of your team to ensure success and performance that meets or exceeds business development, fee, cash and client intake targets
- Role model great leadership with your direct reports and be responsible for supervising the work
- Mentor, coach and support team members in the practice group
- Support in managing client expectations in difficult and/or complex matters
- Demonstrate a high level of expert knowledge within your defined practice area
- Conduct regular file reviews with your team, identifying risks and challenges and proactively building solutions to address said issues
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Develop and deliver a local area marketing strategy
- Translate the national strategy into a clearly defined local strategy and execute
- Actively work to raise your practice group’s profile through the publication of media stories both internally and externally
- Effectively manage the operation of your practice group, including fee revenue forecasts, capital, debtor and labour cost management, and file management in accordance with the National Practice Standards
- Ensure compliance under the firm’s National Practice Standards
What will you bring?
As Practice Group Leader you will be required to make regular complex decisions that will impact directly on financial performance, case management and staff development. Therefore, it is essential that you have the following skills and attributes to assist you. Some of these will include:
- Post admission experience (8+ PAE) as a Lawyer, preferably in the area of Personal Injury Law
- Demonstrated ability to deliver key financial and client intake metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to develop a clear team strategy, understood by all members of the team
- Sound legal technical experience (ability analyse case viability; superior case management exposure; achieving best outcomes for clients)
- Previous experience leading and motivating others
- An ability to build strong relationships with all levels of staff
- Solution orientated problem-solving skills
- Taking a systematic and structured approach to work
- Effective planning, contract and delivery of projects
- Ability to show initiative
- Superior communication skills
- Gaining commitment from stakeholders and team members to work towards a common goal
- Coaching and development skills, and providing honest and constructive feedback when required
- Engaging and empowering leadership style
- Sound technical and functional skills to support others
- Approachable and easy-going nature
- A team player
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to Slater and Gordon. We prefer to deal with you personally and are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job search e.g. Financial Planner, Melbourne, Part time Filter results Work type Locations Aust - NSW Metro 1 Categories Banker 1 Retail / Consumer 1 Customer Advisor - Bondi, NSW Apply [...]
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company. This practice is known for focusing on providing the highest quality medical healthcare to the local community. It's a fast pace [...]
Senior Consultant, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management Country: Australia Cities: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney Area of expertise: Job Description As an Avanade D365 F [...]
Country: Australia Cities: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney Area of expertise: Analytics Job Description As a Data Engineering Senior Consultant at Avanade, you will use comprehe [...]