The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
Australian Capital Territory
A little bit about us
The National Faster Rail Agency was established on 1 July 2019 as an Executive Agency within the Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications portfolio to progress the Australian Government’s 20-Year Fast Rail Plan.
The Agency is committed to supporting the Australian Government in planning for Australia’s future population by working closely with state and territory governments on opportunities to develop rail infrastructure between major cities and key regional centres to advance social, economic and population outcomes.
The opportunity we have available
The Agency is seeking applications from a motivated individual to work in the rail planning and policy team.
The work may include:
- Develop timely and considered policy advice for Ministers and the Agency’s executive on a range of complex infrastructure investment policy matters, including through policy briefs, meeting briefs, speeches, policy papers, correspondence and ad hoc requests;
- Undertake research and analysis of infrastructure assessment frameworks, funding and financing opportunities, population and regional development, and future proofing Australia’s faster rail network;
- Building relationships across the Department, other Commonwealth Departments and with the states and territories to deliver the Government’s 20-year faster rail plan
The Agency works closely with a number of consultants, industry participants, relevant state governments and central agencies on the delivery of this work.
What else can we offer?
Investing in our staff is important to us, opportunities available include:
- Exposure to high profile and exciting projects
- Networking opportunities across the department and wider APS
- Capability development opportunities focused on your individual career goals
- Mentoring and access to the department’s Professional Coaching Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements where appropriate, including part time hours, home based work and job sharing
- Support for women’s progression into senior leadership
Who are we looking for?
The Agency is looking for suitable candidates who would enjoy the challenge of implementing the 20-year Faster Rail Plan. Ideal candidates for the Agency should possess the following capabilities:
- Experience in the development of major government policy documents and reports;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of, the rail sector;
- A proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with state and territories; and
- The ability to apply initiative and sound judgement and work under limited supervision; and
- Flexibility and a positive approach to teamwork.
Employment with the National Faster Rail Agency is subject to conditions prescribed within the Public Service Act 1999 including:
- Citizenship : To be eligible for employment with the National Faster Rail Agency, applicants must be an Australian citizen. Only in exceptional circumstances will the department consider waiving this requirement.
- Health Assessment : The preferred applicant may be required to undergo a medical examination conducted by the department’s preferred medical provider.
- Security Clearance : The successful candidate must be able to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance at Baseline. You must be willing to disclose all relevant and required information. You must have lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the preceding five years for Baseline Vetting clearances. More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JOB DESCRIPTION Aspen Medical is seeking an IT Project Coordinator to join our team in Canberra on a full-time fixed-term basis. Within this opportunity, you will liaise with all levels and departmen [...]
Wellways Australia - Exciting and established PARC program in Deer Park - Utilise your lived experience of recovery to empower others on their recovery journey - Full-time, fixed-term (to 4th J [...]
About National Dental Care - Darwin We are a large, modern, 8 chair dental practice with full QIP accreditation and state-of-the-art equipment and technology including an OPG/CBCT machine, CEREC, Las [...]
Administration Officer, OPMHCT Full-time Permanent Closes: 25 May 2021 Classification: Administrative Services Officer 3 Salary: $65,976 - $71,004 plus superannuation Position No: 26422 - 01 [...]