This is a permanent, full time role based at Simpson Barracks, Yallambie.
In this leadership position you will provide the overall operational management for delivery of Estate Upkeep services to the Base Service Area, while also driving continuous improvement, maximising efficiency and developing excellent team culture.
Duties & responsibilities :
- Ensure the delivery of Estate Upkeep works are in line with local legislations, regulations, manufacturer recommendations and Defence policies.
- Ensure planned works are carried out efficiently and to a high standard by refining and updating maintenance plans.
- Provide technical support and advice to Supervisors responsible for delivery areas.
- Manage the day-to-day liaison with subcontractors and in-house trade staff and work closely with the Planner Scheduler to complete scheduled and reactive works.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining contract KPIs such as response time, costs and backlog.
- Develop staff through the Performance Development Plans, structured training and succession planning.
What you’ll need to be successful :
- Tertiary qualification in an engineering discipline; mechanical, electrical, civil (or trade background with relevant experience).
- Maintenance planning experience within a commercial/defence industry, preferably with experience in minor projects inclusive of scoping, estimating, quoting and delivery.
- Proven decision-making abilities combined with innovative thinking to generate problem solving solutions.
- Experience in managing financial elements of service delivery, such as continuous review and cost control.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical staff, subcontractors, senior military officers and Client representatives.
How to apply :
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.