As part of our on-going contract with the Department of Corrective Services, we currently are recruiting for Care and Custody Officers to join our team in Perth . Our next intake will require candidates to start their 6-week training course in Perth in May 2021 .
Successful candidates should have a flexible approach, the skills and ability to deal with people from a differing and diverse range of backgrounds. You’ll need to be able to communicate effectively and manage conflict or challenging situations in a calm and assured manner. Our officers our non-judgemental and committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing for the safety and security of Persons in Custody, staff, employees of the court and the general public in all court areas
- Transport Persons in Custody in vehicles and planes as required
- Operate metal detectors and x-ray screening machines to detect concealed weapons and hazardous objects
- Inspect identification badges to control employee bypass entrances and prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas
- Perform walking and mobile patrols of a designated area
- Discharge a duty of care whilst ensuring the safe and secure collection and delivery of Persons in Custody as instructed
We recognise that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being one of the best employers to work for. As a result, we seek to employ people who will succeed in this role and possess the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
- A non-judgmental, empathetic approach to Persons in Custody
- High safety and security focus
- Maintain a reasonable level of fitness to undertake the job
- Manual Driving Licence (F Extension category highly desirable for operating vehicles carrying passengers)
- HR or MR truck licence (highly desirable)
- Have or be able to obtain Certificate III in Corrective Services
- Senior First Aid or equivalent (desirable)
- Available to travel (road and air)
- Access to a Laptop for the 6-week training course
Overall your ability to remain calm in high pressure situations, demonstrate restraint and a positive mindset are the key skills we require. Ventia will provide you with all the professional training required to fully undertake this role should you wish to pursue this exciting opportunity.
You must have Australian Work Rights and have the ability to obtain and maintain a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test in order to be eligible for these positions.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, apply now.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Company One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major in [...]
The Company One of Australasia's largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major [...]
The Role As part of our on-going contract with the Department of Corrective Services, we currently are recruiting for Care and Custody Officers to join our team in Albany . Our next intake will requ [...]
The Role As part of our on-going contract with the Department of Corrective Services, we currently are recruiting for Care and Custody Officers to join our team in Kalgoorlie . Our next intake will [...]