Easternwell is a leading integrated energy and mining services company. Our Easternwell Minerals division supplies integrated drilling services to some of Australia's largest mining and resources companies.
At Easternwell our people are the heart of our company and it is through our people that we are breaking new ground, finding better solutions and providing innovative products and services. We employ talented and enthusiastic people who enjoy a challenge and take advantage of the first rate training and career growth opportunities at their fingertips and live their career through our values of integrity, safety and reliability.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our purchasing and maintenance team for a purchasing officer to join this dynamic team on a permanent, full time role.
This role will see the successful applicant ensure the purchasing of goods and services are in accordance with Easternwell’s requirements, whilst encompassing the following responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Contribute to and implement Easternwell’s strategic procurement plan
- Monitor and regulate the process of Material Requisition’s
- Identify new vendors if significant cost saving can be obtained
- Source equipment, identify equivalent substitutes, obtain and negotiate competitive quotes, and present to stakeholders for approvals within set time frames
- Maintain data within the ERP system and spreadsheets, for reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Expedite orders, co-ordinate freight forwarders and follow up on deliveries
- We encourage applicants from a procurement, customer sales or parts interpreter positions with strong customer focus and negotiation skills to apply for this position.
- Excellent communication with our site-based team
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Experience within the same or similar position
- Hands on industry experience would be highly desirable
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft suite
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation and communication skills
- SAP experience will be highly regarded but not essential to the right candidate
In return we offer a supportive team environment, in an established local company with a competitive salary and access to excellent employee benefits.
If you are looking for that next step in your career and believe your skill set is transferable to the above position, then we would like to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter and CV through the “apply now” button below.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
To apply for this role, please click apply button on this page.
Position Reference Number: 112762
Job Segment: ERP, Procurement, Purchasing, Buyer, SAP, Technology, Operations, Finance
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Primary Responsible for the day to day procurement of ingredients to meet the production plan ensuring supply meets demand.p> Duties and Responsibilities Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of [...]
About HelpingMinds HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support ntal health services Confidential, established over 40 years agour compassionate team of staff dicated volunteers throughout the me [...]
Primary Purpose Responsible for the day to day procurement of ingredients to meet the production plan ensuring supply meets dem Duties sponsibilities Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the C [...]
The Company This business has proudly celebrated consistent project wins allowing for them to add additional head count to support the business. With this is mind, they seek an Administration Office [...]