Support the business on successful project financial delivery ensuring compliance obligations & identifying risks; Global engineering consultancy
• Friendly, social team culture
• Flexible working arrangements and close to public transport
Cardno is a global infrastructure, environmental and social development company delivering solutions to our clients. Cardno operate across a wide range of sectors; buildings, utilities, water, environment and transport.
In the NSW/ACT regional operating unit, there are 8 offices with the head office located in St Leonards.
The team of nine Project Finance Officers / Project Finance Administrators are working across these offices and are partnering with the Business Units for financial monitoring, reporting and ensuring projects are successfully delivered.
You will partner with the Transport business unit with road infrastructure projects across NSW and also Northern NSW business unit, becoming a trusted advisor to the Project Managers and Business Leaders. You will be responsible for financial monitoring, reporting and internal compliance in order to ensure projects are successfully managed and delivered.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Work with the Project Managers in maintaining and monitoring the project financial reporting requirements
- Ensure projects are set up in accordance with contract, contracts are valid, and appropriate budgets are assigned for backlog reporting.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all financial and contract aspects related to projects
- Assist Project Managers to generate appropriate revenue recognition as well as provide support where needed during billing process
- Perform monthly project performance reviews, analysis and reconciliations
- Monthly reporting on WIP, AR and project profitability
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration will be desirable
- Proficient experience in similar roles within the engineering, construction or professional services industry
- Experience within project revenue recognition
- Strong contract management knowledge as well as strong understanding of project costing
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical capability with strengths in identifying and implementing continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate and collaborate successfully across geographically spread client groups
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work.Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has 75 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our APAC Project Finance team based out of our West Perth consulting office. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will [...]
Senior Accountant Your new company An excellent opportunity to join a global bank in the regulatory and financial accounting space. Your new role Financial data analysis and monitoring, monthly an [...]
Fromlocomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure includingelectrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems,Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe [...]
About TOA Global: TOA Global is a market leader in providing outsourcing solutions for firms in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK and across the globe. Over the past 7 years, we have expanded to over [...]