Aristocrat Technologies Australia P/L
New South Wales
Job Posting Title
Financial Accounting Analyst
As the Financial Accountant, you will be a member of the General Ledger Accounting team. You will be responsible for general accounting services for the APAC businesses (ANZ and Asia) and offering business partnering services to the commercial finance team. Your team is part of the Global Finance Services team whose vision is to provide superior service experiences to our customers and employees and support efficient, accurate, scalable business activities everyday.
What you'll do
- Monitoring, communicating, validation and preparation of financial accounting record (including supporting documents and workbook)
for respective financial accounts and underlying financial activities in line with Group Accounting Policy. This includes (but not limited to):
- Revenue and CoGS (including transfer pricing adjustment)
- Leases (both subledger and general ledger accounting process)
- Payroll related balances
- Prepayment, Accruals and Provisions
- FX revaluation and associated gain/loss
- GST/VAT and FBT tax expense and provisions
- Other ad-hoc activities with financial impact to balance sheet and profit/loss
- Prepares and posts manual journal entries into GL (general ledger) for above validated activities and financials; and own the integrity and accuracy of data captured in GL.
- Executes month-end general ledger closing to meet Group deadlines.
- Monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- Monthly analytical review and reporting on key profit/loss and balance sheet movement, trend and variances (against budget, prior period comparatives and/or BU expectations). This also includes review and report of key financial KPIs (e.g. debtors ageing and key balance sheet item movement summary)
- Monthly analytical review, validation and reporting on free cash flow driven by key working capital balances.
- Understands GL chart of accounts and intended applications.
- Understands key finance process, data flow, financial impact, group accounting policies and desired financial controls. Monitor, identify and report on process and control deficiencies, and/ or improvement opportunities.
- Maintains compliance to internal finance policies and controls.
- Drives process efficiency, accuracy, scalability and timeliness.
- Ad-hoc invoice preparation and processing (minimum)
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in finance and accounting professional organisations.
Tax accounting and support
- Prepares calculation to Tax team for FBT, GST and Withholding tax.
- Supports Group tax team request by providing relevant financial record, supporting documents and explanations.
Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Support preparation of free cash flow and balance sheet quarterly forecasts and annual plan validated to underlying business drivers and assumptions.
- Monthly review and reporting of actual financial results vs. forecast with analytical commentaries. Identify business drivers, insights and trends and timely update future forecast and assumptions.
- Understands BU partners and stakeholders. Maintain and build relationship and regular communications.
- Drives accounting service intake process to facilitate GL accounting manager evaluation of BU requested of new/changed financial accounting service.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing interpreting data and summarising financial accounting impact.
Audits support (External and Internal)
- Audit preparation (Group and local statutory audit) and liaison with external auditors under manager's supervision.
- Facilitates Internal Audit procedures and provide requested financial information.
- Other ad-hoc regulatory reporting support as required
What we're looking for
- Qualified with CA or CPA with minimum of 3 years of experience in financial accounting (essential).
- With previous experience in listed environment that prioritise financial data accuracy, financial controls and governance, as well as end-to-end process optimisation (desirable).
- Hands-on and task-driven with eyes for details; self-driven to deliver to deadlines with high quality; self-driven on continues improvement (essential).
- With solid knowledge of financial accounting and best practices applying to business (essential).
- Business curious; enjoys analysing and articulating commercial stories through financial accounting and provide solutions to business stakeholders (essential).
- An excellent communicator as well as a proactive individual who can work well autonomously and will also enjoy working within a dynamic team (essential).
- With audit experience either as auditor or supporting business audit process (desirable).
- With experience with ERP (Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage); management reporting tool (TM1 or Anaplan is an advantage) and lease management system (Nomos one is an advantage) (desirable).
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
<p style="text-align: center;"><img style="width: 250px; height: 92px;" alt="" src="s:nswconnect.csod.comclientimgnswconnectjobAdUploadsTreasury_Logo_Job_Ad.png"><p><br> <p [...]
About us Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nas [...]
We are looking for an experienced Finance Analyst to join our team located in our Sydney office where you will help support the ANZ Commercial revenue and profitability processes. You will be part of [...]
Overview Category: Full-Time Department: Financial Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Sydney NSW Job Type: Tendering & Submissions Co-ordinator Pay Rate: Excellent Salary Posted [...]