Looking for an experienced Principal/Senior Business Analyst to join a start-up boutique management consultancy focused in the mining and minerals sector.
About Fraser McGill
Fraser McGill provides management advisory services to customers in the mining and minerals sector, growing from inception in 2016 in South Africa. We are a customer centric consultancy passionate about delivering tangible, high value outcomes for our customers. We offer bespoke, trusted executive level strategic advice that is technically sound.
Fraser McGill has recently established a presence in Australia and is in search of a dynamic professional with significant senior management consulting, accounting and financial modelling experience,
as well as the ability and drive to help navigate the business to grow exponentially. The ideal candidate will be someone with the ability to manage operations and a willingness to work as a hands-on senior business analyst.
This is a full-time role that encompasses three main pillars:
- Accounting, budgeting, payroll, supplier management, invoicing and cash collections
- BAS Submissions, ATO Submissions and Financial Reporting
- Day to day management tasks, including recruitment, leadership and mentoring of future employees
Techno-commercial Financial Modelling
- Hands-on techno-commercial financial modelling of complex projects and operations
- In-depth DCF analysis and capital structuring of investment decisions
- Understand and integrate complex technical considerations, and comfort in working with multi-disciplinary technical teams
Project Management and Delivery
- Understand customer needs and develop fit-for-purpose project scopes
- Effectively lead large, diverse teams and manage customer needs
- Plan, develop and manage project deliverables to achieve high value outcomes for customers
Initially based out of Sydney, the role will require significant travel to cater for specific customer and project needs. Travel to both remote mine sites as well as business centres can be expected.
Your Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 8 to 10 years' strategy and operations management consulting experience servicing customers in the mining sector at similar boutique or Big 4 consultancies, with global experience being highly sought after
- Demonstrated delivery of comprehensive financial modelling on complex technical projects
- Exceptional track record of customer satisfaction and an ability to build a pipeline of projects and convert customer opportunities
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PPT, Word) with advanced financial modelling/valuations capabilities (including VBA)
- Outstanding core consulting skills: customer/stakeholder management, project management, team leadership, complex problem solving, versatility, superior written communication and presentation skills
- Chartered Accountant and Project Management (PMP, Prince2, etc.) certification is required. In addition, having (or studying towards) a corporate finance-based certification (CFA, FMVA, etc.) will be advantageous
Package ranging from $125k - $145k p.a. base + super + performance bonus
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ide [...]
Job Description - Business Analyst (0UG7) Job Description Business Analyst - 0UG7 Primary Location WA-Perth - North-Shenton Park Depot Organization Projects & Program Delivery Challenge you [...]
Principal Analyst, Business Insights GIS (VPSG6) Job posted: 03/05/2021 The Department of Health plays a critical role in the Victorian health system and is responsible for shaping it to meet the he [...]
Analyst/Graduate- Mining Finance - Perth Based- Commodities and Global Markets Perth A rare and unique opportunity for an Analyst to build a career in our highly regarded and world leading Mining [...]