State Government of WA
Financial Auditor Positions
Position number: Pool Ref FA Apr 2021 Salary: PSCSAA, L4,L5,L6 $80,452 to $113,590 per annum + 9.5% Super Work type: Permanent - Part Time, Permanent - Full Time, Fixed Term - Part Time, Fixed Term - Full Time Location: Perth CBD Closing date: 2021-04-19 12:00 PM
Attachments: - JDF - FA - L4 - Senior Auditor - Generic.pdf
- JDF - FA - L5 - Principal Auditor - Generic .pdf
- JDF - FA - L6 - Audit Manager - Generic.pdf
- OAG - Applicant Information Pack.pdf
- OAG - Map.pdf
- OAG - Your Future With the OAG.pdf
This process is readvertised and will close on Monday 19 April 2021 at 12.00pm (noon). Previous applicants need not reapply.
They will be automatically considered in this new process. If you wish to update or modify your current application, you can do so prior to the new closing date and time.
- Audit Managers PSCSAA, Level 6 - $102,966 to $113,590 per annum + 9.5% Super
- Principal Auditors PSCSAA, Level 5 - $89,047 to $97,994 per annum + 9.5% Super
- Senior Auditors PSCSAA, Level 4 - $80,452 to $84,797 per annum + 9.5% Super
What are we looking for? Our ideal candidates are financial auditors who can add to the Office's capability in our financial audit teams. They will have:
- experience or working knowledge of financial statement audits and interpreting and applying accounting and auditing standards
- experience leading or managing teams in external financial audits or a relatable financial services field
- problem solving and analytical skills
- organisational, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
Audit Managers lead and manage audit teams and engage senior clients to complete assurance audits of public sector entities.
Principal and Senior Auditors lead teams and build strong relationships with clients, within and across the Office.
The ideal candidates will also have:
- a relevant bachelor or equivalent qualification
- a minimum of 2 years' experience in an audit or relatable role
- membership or active progression towards a relevant professional accounting body qualification.
Successful candidates must be willing to travel outside of the Perth CBD and to regional locations. All Office employees are required to undergo a national police clearance and may be subject to further vetting depending on their role.
Our work matters. The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is the largest external audit practice in WA with an Australia wide reputation for excellence. We are a key source of independent and objective information about public sector accountability and performance for Parliament and the community. Our talented people receive specialised training and development and unique work opportunities.
The Financial Audit unit provides Parliament with audit opinions on the financial statements, controls and key performance indicators of State government entities, and audit opinions on the annual financial reports of local government entities to the Minister, Councils and CEOs.
With 180 State entities and 148 local government entities across WA, there is significant variety in assignments.
If you're interested in this opportunity, here's how to apply:
Provide a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that:
- defines what makes you an ideal applicant - as outlined above
- includes 2 or more examples that clearly demonstrate the skills and experience you will transfer into this role.
Process details Offers will be made based on candidates' competitive suitability for roles.
We currently have a number of full-time, permanent positions and fixed term opportunities with the possibility of extension or permanency, available for immediate filling.
This selection process may also be used to make offers to similar vacancies over the next 12 months.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 recent referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for applicants recommended by the selection panel.
These positions close on Monday 19 April 2021 at 12:00pm (noon) AWST.
Want more info?
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: Brisbane, QLD No sponsorship would be entertained. Consultants must have full working rights. Must have mobility experience. Overview - The Service Desk Analyst supports the Service [...]
Manage a diverse portfolio of blue & white collar roles 6 month contract with option for perm $100-$115K + super Our client is a large, diversified business with operations across the globe. With mult [...]
Seeking expressions of interest for casual teaching within our Secondary School. Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boardi [...]
Practice: Our client is focusing on preventative health - changing the way General Practice & primary care is being delivered in Australia. A motivated GP is invited to join the group and be worki [...]