Disability Services Australia
About Your Role
As our Support Worker, you will play a key role empowering our participants to be part of the community, and to live independently. When supporting our participants with domestic assistance, social supports or personal care, your care is person-centric to ensure that our customers live the life they want and choose. This role will definitely gauge with your playful, compassionate and social side, as you shape and improve the lives of our participants.
- Support customers to develop and maintain independence in personal care, health and hygiene (meal times, dressing, toileting and bathing)
- Assist with domestic duties such as cooking, cleaning and other activities of daily living
Please note: This is a casual position and is based within the Goulburn Region.
You dare to think differently, and are passionate about making a difference to the lives of others. You pride yourself on your exceptional customer service and communication skills. Having previously worked within the Disability sector or a related field, you have knowledge and experience working with mental health. You are highly personable and have the ability to engage people in skill development activities such as social and recreational activities. Most importantly, you strongly align with our mission and values.
You will be/have:
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating roster, including: morning, afternoon, nights and weekend shifts
- Must be available for a minimum of 3 shifts per week
- Availability to work split, active night or sleepover shifts
- Willingness to travel
- Industry experience and/or personal experience supporting people with challenging behaviours is highly regarded
- Comfortable with providing personal care
- Current Driver’s License (Minimum P2 License +) and your own motor vehicle
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Strong desire to support people with a disability to increase and maintain independence
- Cert III in disability or relevant industry experience is highly regarded
- Willingness to obtain a NDIS Worker Check and Working with Children Check.
How You Can Join the Team:
To apply, please click on ‘Apply for this job now’.
To work at DSA, the successful applicant must undergo a NDIS Worker Check and provide a NSW Working with Children Check verification number.
DSA is an EEO employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all members of the community.
DSA appreciates the time and effort candidates have taken to submit their applications however, please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Case Worker - Goulburn - Full time position | 38 hours per week - Goulburn, NSW Location - Brighter Futures Program - Excellent competitive salary and salary packaging benefits About Us Mis [...]
This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced individual to lead HammondCare’s Overnight Respite Cottage service in Goulburn. A new full-time position, in our new Cottage Respite Home, you [...]
HammondCare At Home is building a nationwide footprint of home care, including rural regions across NSW, ACT, Victoria and Queensland. We are constantly expanding into new areas and thrive to provide [...]
Reference Number Position Title Employment Type Permanent Full Time Directorate Department Location Mental Health - Seymour Enterprise Agreement / Classification - MHS Allied Health Prof [...]