Queensland Corrective Services
Psychologist writeAgency('Queensland Corrective Services'); Queensland Corrective Services
Custodial Operations; Statewide Operations; Borallon Training and Correctional Centre, Brisbane Correctional Centre, Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre, Brisbane Women's Correctional Centre, Wolston Correctional Centre & Southern Qld Correctional Centre
Queensland Corrective Services is a top-tier forward thinking public safety agency, committed to the humane containment, supervision and rehabilitation of offenders. Every day, our work makes Queensland a safer place to live and work.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Demonstrated expertise in evidence based assessment and intervention for adults,
experiencing difficulties related to mental health problems, cognitive impairment or developmental disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research, analyse information and prepare associated reports.
- Knowledge of research and practice specific to effective correctional rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of risk assessment instruments and processes and their application and use within criminal justice settings.
- Understanding and application of theories, models and research related to behavioural change techniques.
- Experience and understanding of case management in a human services field.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to provide high quality professional reports and case notes.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse client group and to effectively communicate with stakeholders in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of legislation, policies and procedures.
Qualifications, professional registration, conditions and other requirements
- Possession of Bachelor's degree ( year) in psychology or behavioural science.
- Possession of a Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical or Forensic Psychology from an accredited tertiary institution would be highly regarded.
- Eligibility for registration as a Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
***Applications will be used to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies at Borallon Training and Correctional Centre, Brisbane Correctional Centre, Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre, Brisbane Women's Correctional Centre, Wolston Correctional Centre, Southern Queensland Correctional Centre (when operated by QCS) ***
Applications to remain current for months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD//
Closing Date: Friday, May
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( ) and diversity ( ).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
LABOURERS - WHITE CARD We have several events coming up & are currently looking for white card labourers for an immediate start to assist setting up & pulling down events. Great variety in works loca [...]
Seeking a well organised, well presented and energetic person to join our Sales team on the Gold Coast. A proven sales record within the hospitality industry would be an advantage but not essential. [...]
- Long-term career security plus work/life balance - Highly respected business with prominent success in Australia - Salary negotiable between $65k - $75k plus Super About the company Highly [...]
Drug and Alcohol Collector - Glen Innes NSW 2370 and Surrounds Drug and Alcohol Solutions Australia (DASA) is seeking an experienced casual for on-site and workplace drug and alcohol specimen collec [...]