Queensland Corrective Services
Psychologist writeAgency('Queensland Corrective Services'); Queensland Corrective Services
Custodial Operations; Statewide Operations; Lotus Glen Correctional Centre, Townsville Correctional Complex, Capricornia Correctional Centre, Maryborough Correctional Centre & Woodford Correctional Centre
Queensland Corrective Services is a top-tier forward thinking public safety agency, committed to the humane containment, supervision and rehabilitation of offenders. Every day, our work makes Queensland a safer place to live and work.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Demonstrated expertise in evidence based assessment and intervention for adults, experiencing difficulties related to mental health problems,
cognitive impairment or developmental disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research, analyse information and prepare associated reports.
- Knowledge of research and practice specific to effective correctional rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of risk assessment instruments and processes and their application and use within criminal justice settings.
- Understanding and application of theories, models and research related to behavioural change techniques.
- Experience and understanding of case management in a human services field.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to provide high quality professional reports and case notes.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse client group and to effectively communicate with stakeholders in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of legislation, policies and procedures.
Qualifications, professional registration, conditions and other requirements
- Possession of Bachelor's degree ( year) in psychology or behavioural science.
- Possession of a Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical or Forensic Psychology from an accredited tertiary institution would be highly regarded.
- Eligibility for registration as a Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
***Applications will be used to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies at Lotus Glen Correctional Centre, Townsville Correctional Complex, Capricornia Correctional Centre, Maryborough Correctional Centre, Woodford Correctional Centre***
Applications to remain curren to for months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD//
Closing Date: Friday, May
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( ) and diversity ( ).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
MMAPSS Project Application Form 2021 - 2022 Online Project Application MMAPSS Overview: MMAPSS is an annual outreach program of grants and internships jointly funded by the Australian Governm [...]
Overview: Fuse Recruitment is a specialist recruitment firm servicing the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, and Insurance industries throughout Australia. With a dedicated team servicing each [...]
The expected corporate landscape outlook has improved for 2021/2022 across the sectors, with business confidence improving compared to 2021. Corporates are wanting to engage with their stakeholders in [...]
Golding currently seeks an experienced Administration Officer to be based in our Urban division located in Yatala Golding is a successful mining, urban and civil infrastructure project management ser [...]