- Based in Brisbane, Rockhampton or Townsville
- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Working in a rapidly changing and fast moving environment with high levels of digital transformation
Digital division has an exciting permanent opportunity for the General Manager Customer & Emerging Platform Services . The role may be based in either Brisbane, Rockhampton or Townsville .
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for a strategic and dynamic leader to drive forward the Customer and Emerging Platform Services across Energy Queensland’s Customer-facing Digital platforms, including three business units, ie Yurika, Retail and Distribution Customer Market Operations, and also driving growth in Mobile application development,
Virtual reality, RPA, AI & data science as emerging Digital Platforms across the whole of EQL. All of the above in accordance with Energy Queensland’s Digital and Corporate Strategies.
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and leading a work environment that exploits consumerisation trends and encourages digital dexterity and innovation through the use of digital technology.
The role will be working in a rapidly changing and fast moving environment with high levels of digital transformation, utilising agile delivery methodologies and enabling business strategy and direction through digital solutions. The role must balance rapid delivery with robust, enterprise class solutions and ensure ITIL operations and risk is considered and appropriately managed.
Key Accountabilities / Duties:
- Provide thought leadership, direction and support to operating enterprise technology platforms and identifying the formation of new digital platform services.
- Managing multi-disciplinary digital support teams, program delivery and emerging digital technology teams providing services to our Enterprise.
- Provide leadership for new uses of Digital technology through proof of concept/value initiatives whilst embedding agile ways of working.
- Lead the establishment, development and ongoing maintenance of big data, data science models, and documenting subject area multi-dimensional data models and associated master data models.
- Motivate and lead a multi-disciplinary team towards the achievement of the organisation's & Division’s strategic goals. Develop and mentor performance of staff through Performance Reviews, maintaining Job Profiles and approved Training Plans.
- Collaborate with the Digital Senior Leadership team to promote and support digital operational excellence and digital delivery program of work.
- Participate in Business Unit strategic, business and operational planning activities as required for the efficient enablement thereof
- Develop Group business plans and budgets, control expenditure and report on variances.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Significant demonstrated experience in developing an understanding business strategies, making complex decisions, and delivering outcomes in an environment of high complexity and high change. Doing this through taking initiative, managing execution, building collaborative relationships, optimizing diverse talent, and influencing people.
- Significant demonstrated interpersonal skills through being authentic, open, flexible and adaptable, combining cultural knowledge, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal skills to achieve results in any cross-cultural context.
- Significant demonstrated abilities to exercise critical thinking skills, be comfortable with complexity, and scrutinize problems. In addition the ability to convey complex messages to others ensuring a culture of continuous improvement is developed, established and maintained.
- Significant demonstrated senior manager experience and success in developing and leading teams to achieve results operating in an agile delivery function ensuring consistent, efficient and cost effective services are delivered in a complex business environment.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and building relationships with key stakeholders including negotiating with executive management, boards, steering committees, managers, client stakeholders and multiple external vendors within a complex Digital landscape.
U&U; Recruitment Partners have partnered with Energy Queensland to recruit this role. For more information please call Renee Clayton on 0477 778 449 or Tyler Dewar on 07 3232 9161, quoting reference number #22479 . Please click to view the SEEK job advertisement and to submit an application.
Please submit your resume in Word format only.
Applications close 5pm (AEST), Wednesday 5 May 2021.
Energy Queensland values the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourages a diverse range of applicants to apply.
Click to view more information on diversity and inclusion at Energy Queensland.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job no: 492886 Work type: Full time Location: Queensland Categories: Store Management The Reject Shop is a well-known and loved Australian discount variety retailer that is ASX listed and we [...]
The Department of Medicine is looking for an experienced Principal House Officer or Registrar to provide quality medical care to patients in the Department of Medicine under the supervision and guidan [...]
STUDENT JOBS Part-time Red Bull Student Marketeer - Queensland University of Technology Brisbane Australia Our Red Bull Student Marketeers are part of the most dynamic and empowered brand and pr [...]
National Trust of Australia Queensland (NTAQ)/ Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (CWS) has recently taken ownership of a generous gift of a parcel of land and associated buildings on site. This is a tranqu [...]