Australian Capital Territory
Application closing date: Thursday 29 April 2021 at 6pm (in Canberra)
Estimated start date: 31-05-2021
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: To 30 June 2022
Contract extensions: Option to extend for 2 periods of up to 12 months each
Security clearance: Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Rate: $100 - $125 per hour (inc. super)
The Department is looking for experienced high performing ETL Developers/BI Administrators to join a dynamic analytical team providing important data services to the wider department. As a member of this team, you will help drive improvements in the department's ability to capture, analyse, manage, and share data and information in order to make better decisions.
The ETL Developers/BI Administrators will provide services under high level direction including:
a) develop and maintain ETL processes using a variety of tooling including SSIS and PowerShell
b) develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
c) creation of solution design and technical documentation
d) manage data tier security, ensure security policy is followed; contribute to defining database environment security model
e) regular monitoring of all critical database processes (e.g., SQL Agent jobs, SSIS packages, etc.) daily
f) troubleshoot and resolve SQL Server performance issues
g) provide quality support and service delivery to internal clients, including being responsive, ensuring clients are kept informed and meeting required timeframes
h) be involved in the setting of standards for database management.
1. Experience in building ETL processes - ability to read analyse and transform data in an efficient manner
2. Understanding/experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues
3. Understanding/experience in database design and ability to meet delivery deadlines for the development and implementation of new databases.
4. SQL Server knowledge/experience to build document and administer SQL databases.
5. Scripting / software development capability: e.g. T-SQL PowerShell Python
6. A team player attitude and ability to support other team members in their daily work
1. Working knowledge of Active Directory/AAD
2. Knowledge/experience of Power BI service administration including security and performance
3. Exposure to DevOps toolsets such as Azure DevOps
4. Exposure to Azure BI resources e.g. Synapse Analytics ADLSv2 Power BI Azure SQL Azure Data Factory
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- APS Level 4 - Canberra, ACT - $70,988 - $75,918 People, Culture and Capability Branch is responsible for the department’s operational and strategic HR functions, providing workforce strategi [...]
- Full Time position - Iconic Location – National Gallery of Australia - Ongoing training and support Restaurant Associates are world-class hospitality and fine-cuisine professionals, amongst t [...]
- MS Active Directory & Exchange, Video Conferencing and Remote Access Essential! - 12 Month Initial Contract with Extension Possibility! - Federal Government Opportunity | Canberra Location! Ove [...]
Role Description: The ICT Service Desk Officer position is primarily responsible for being the first point of contact for ICT requests and incidents raised by customers of Shared Services. As part [...]