Department of Justice
About the role
The Project Officer (Clinical) carries out activities related to the evaluation of offender programs, assessment tools and practice development. The work is undertaken in both the community and in prisons. The role also contributes to the management of statistical databases and performs statistical analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data. The role:
- Coordinates, reviews and evaluates assessment results;
- Evaluates and analyses all interventions for offenders to ensure relevancy; and identify and develop new initiatives focusing on safety, rehabilitation, reintegration and a reduction in offending;
- Provide expertise and specialist advice,
guidance and consultation to other professionals across the directorate and Department; and
- Other duties as required in accordance with strategic objectives, business plans, local workload priorities and performance management plans.
Eligibility to Apply
Travel within the State may be required.
You will have the ability to:
- Maintain focus on the Department’s goals concerning safety, security and rehabilitation;
- Work to improve communication and model integrity and respect in all interactions;
- Operate within the Department's Corporate Governance Framework, policies and procedures and ensure effective transparency and accountability of all Department activity;
- Operate within chain of command facilities to coordinate activities required to meet the Department’s strategic objectives;
- Work collaboratively to achieve common goals and best practice and facilitate business improvements as appropriate;
- Facilitate cultural and management reforms within the Department through leadership and engagement.
All employees are required to undergo employment screening, which includes a National Criminal History Check and other checks that may be relevant to the position requirements.
How to apply
Please ensure you review the attached JDF for further information about the requirements of the position. This information will assist you with the preparation of your application.
We require you to submit:
A current comprehensive CV including the contact details of two referees and a statement of no more than pages, addressing all Job-Related Requirements and Role Specific Criteria contained in the attached document.
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to submit your application, as late applications will not be accepted.
To submit your application click the “ Apply for Job ” button at the bottom of this page. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Equity and Diversity
The Department of Justice is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to growing the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce as a part of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Management Plan and its Aboriginal Workforce Development Strategy. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women and youth.
Applicants found suitable but not recommended for this vacancy, may be considered for subsequent similar vacancies in the Department of Justice in accordance with Part (General Appointment) of the Commissioner’s Instructions: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Labourers required for demolition work, brick cleaning, stacking timber and general yard duties. NO TIME WASTERS! NO EMAILS NO TEXTS - PHONE CALLS ONLY [...]
Bridgestone Kalgoorlie are looking for a Sales Person with great customer service skills and tyre knowledge to join our team in a fast paced, busy environment Tyre Fitting experience or Sales exper [...]
About Chaotic Energy and the role: Chaotic Energy is looking for someone that is motivated to work with clients on a one on one basis and build their client base within the centre. Established i [...]
We are seeking an experienced Employment Consultant to join the National DES Post Placement Support team. This role can be based in any APM office location across Australia. A great next step for an [...]