Who Are We?
Ability Options provides employment and disability services to people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion the community. We operate services to support people with disabilities and those whose lives are changed as a result of accidents, unemployment and disadvantage.
We are committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people and people with disability.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Support Coordinator to work within our Disability Services division. As a Support Coordinator,
you will be committed to ensuring that peoples’ individualised support requirements are fulfilled, with a strong focus on seeing people move towards personal goals. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a flexible and constantly changing environment where time management and attention to detail are key. You will need the initiative to work and solve problems unsupervised, with a strong focus on reaching set goals and targets.
You will be responsible for conducting the intake and referral process for NDIS eligible participants, as well as the support with the management of their NDIS plan and budget. Using your natural communication skills, you will continually build your internal and external networks to assist in coordinating the right supports for your participants. This role operates within a billable hours framework, and you will need to ensure strict compliance with all reporting and auditing requirements.
This role is a 6 month, full-time role and will be based in Charlestown with travel required.
- Demonstrated experience in service coordination or practical experience within the disability sector
- Understanding of the NDIS
- NSW driver licence (minimum P2)
- Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Satisfactory background checks including NDIS Workers Check and NSW Working with children check for paid employment (or willingness to obtain)
Why work for Ability Options?
Joining Ability Options means joining a rapidly expanding not-for-profit organisation with opportunities for ongoing development and career progression. The successful candidates will be able to:
- Take advantage of our comprehensive employee benefits program including salary packaging
- Access to fitness passport gym membership
- Flexible work arrangement incl. RDO
- Rewards and recognition program
- Ability to purchase additional leave after 1 year of service
- Ability to significantly increase your take home pay with not-for profit salary packaging
- A rewarding career where you contribute to make a difference in the community and in people’s lives
We are committed to helping you to build and grow your career with plenty of opportunities for self â development along the way. For more information about Ability Options please visit our website www.abilityoptions.org.au.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Experienced Receptionist Vacancy Type Administration - Support Hours Per Week Negotiable Position From 14 May 2021 Ad Expiry Date 14 Aug 2021 Description Position Description Better He [...]
An exciting opportunity exists for a Mental Health Clinician that is interested in developing or expanding their skills and knowledge working with children, adolescents and their families and carers w [...]
As a registered NDIS provider, New Horizons specialise in supporting people with disability, mental health concerns, those who are aged, people at risk of homelessness, humanitarian entrants, youth, a [...]
Position Information The NSW Department of Education provides, funds and regulates education services for NSW students from early childhood to secondary school, delivering world-class education throu [...]