- 6 month fixed-term contract with potential to extend
- Execute a range of creative content across eDM, Social and Web
- Enjoy a fast-paced and exciting environment with a major name in retail
We are Ovato: Australia’s leading media, marketing and printing company. Our business’s core strengths are organised around four pillars of Print, Distribution, Agency, and Production. We use innovative targeting, creative services, printing, and distribution, to turn audiences into customers.
Working in a close-knit team of 10 plus designers, this role will be based at our client’s site in Camberwell. You will report into the Ovato Studio Manager who also works onsite.
This is a great opportunity to build on your digital experience and add a great retail name to your portfolio. Working closely with the client’s Digital Team, you will create static and animated digital assets for use across social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube), in-store screens, eDM's and web pages. There may also be opportunities for video editing and stylised photography.
As a hands-on Digital Designer you will help lead and shape key creative deliverables across eDM, social and web. Forward focused, you will also manage the project requirements and production aspects in the digital team. This includes the planning, scheduling and development of work from brief stage, through to final delivery (including roll out of seasonal promotions, campaign launches and creating new design templates). The role requires the ability to drive and foster creativity and identify commercial opportunities, whilst maintaining proactive focus on deadlines; establishing realistic expectations and interrogating delays.
Multi-skilled and an excellent communicator, you’ll be comfortable and confident working on multiple projects and deadlines. You will have a keen eye for detail and inside-out knowledge of the Adobe creative suite. You’ll thrive on the action of working in a busy design team and live and breathe retail, beauty and wellness. The ability to respectfully manage client expectations, manage your time/briefs and work autonomously is critical. You will also need to be a creative thinker within the restraints of brand guidelines and tight timelines.
As well as the above, it’s essential that you have:
- Thorough knowledge and experience scheduling and planning digital work through a studio, working with designers to achieve a successful outcomes to brief and on time
- Confidence and skill in all aspects of client interaction - includes attending briefing sessions, creative brainstorming and establishing a strong working relationship with the client as the first point of contact for job/production issues within the studio
- At least 4 years' experience working as a Digital Designer
- Extensive experience required in After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience working within a corporate in-house marketing team
- Experience working within the beauty, fashion and retail sectors (highly desirable)
- An understanding of animation, HTML, wireframes, eDM platforms and video editing
This is a fantastic role - working within a supportive team with a great company culture, based in Camberwell. Interested?
Click apply, tell us why you think you would succeed with our team, enclosing your CV. You must also have an online portfolio or send examples of your work (Max 4MB) for your application to be considered.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Senior Content Designer – VPS5 - Fixed Term to June 2022 About us The Victorian Public Sector Commission plays a key role in stewardship of the public sector. It works to strengthen the efficiency [...]
THE OPPORTUNITY... With the continued growth of our e-commerce channel, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer (7 month contract) to join our expanding Customer Exp [...]
The global market for medical and assistive devices continues to expand with Victoria leading the way in product development & many first in man trials. Although there is a market for clinical and pat [...]
We're looking for a full-time Mid-Weight Designer, with demonstrated expertise in the Shopper and Experiential Marketing space. A design weapon that is hungry to deliver creative campaigns with a pass [...]