At Salesforce, we consider UI text to be our first and most important line of communication with customers. In this role, you'll help us manage the UI text review process to ensure we have high quality and consistent UI text across all Salesforce Industries (Vlocity) products. You'll work closely with other Industries writers to help them and their development teams adhere to Salesforce UI text standards. You'll review microcopy including but not limited to button labels, error messages, field labels, empty state messages, and data model entity names and descriptions.
You’ll use your broad knowledge of Salesforce Industries and other Salesforce products to ensure consistency across features and the Salesforce Industries products.
You’ll review the UI text created by the writers from the various teams and provide feedback on that text. You’ll mainly work with the writers, however, you’ll help evangelize standards in the different verticals to maintain consistency. You will educate PMs, developers, and UX design leads about these standards and about the process. You'll provide guidance to other technical writers who will implement your process and review the UI text for their products. You'll also work closely with the Salesforce CCX editorial board to provide recommendations, contribute to styles and standards discussions, and broadcast new policies. This role requires strong technical skills as well as business knowledge, interviewing and analytical skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills.
You will be expected to take a writing test and submit a portfolio of your best work samples.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in technical writing for an enterprise software company including experience reviewing and writing UI text
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to develop and implement processes across a team of people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an intimate and communicable understanding of American grammar, punctuation, and vernacular
- Deep understanding of UX design principles and user research methods
- Familiarity with translation and localization best practices
- A customer-focused mindset to help design innovative, successful products
- A passion for user-centered design
- Willingness to work across multiple time zones
- Relevant experience in User Experience Design
- Experience in any of the Salesforce Industries vertical domains: Communication, Media, Energy, Health, Insurance, Government
- A mind for end-to-end experiences and integrations; being creative and consistent within a controlled vocabulary
- An understanding of design thinking and design tools/methodologies
- Experience in topic-based authoring and information typing
- Experience with user research and/or user-centered development
- Experience documenting complex business applications such as CPQ or order management
- Experience using Paligo, Oxygen, or a similar documentation tool
- Experience with Figma, InVision, or a similar tool
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with a CRM system
What We Care About
- Lead the UI process across the Salesforce Industries teams to ensure clear and consistent UI text and effective user workflows for each vertical
- Enforce Salesforce voice and tone and UI text standards
- Work collaboratively with individual writers, UX designers, developers, product managers, and marketing to ensure that the text meets requirements and usability best practices
- Manage a queue of UI text review requests across verticals and ensure commonality and synchronicity across products
- Build consensus with stakeholders and roll-out standardized design principles and best practices
- Create training and hands-on workshops for writers to practice UI text and UI design
- Coordinate with UI text leaders across Salesforce to stay informed on latest policy changes and updates
- Provide feedback and push back on suboptimal designs and confusing terminology
- Balance high editorial standards within a fast-paced development environment and provide rapid editorial turn-around
- You are comfortable with early stage efforts dealing with ambiguity and driving projects forward
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Community Service Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have th [...]
Are you passionate about teaching the next generation of Education professionals to guide them into a career where they can make a real difference to people’s lives? Do you have the experience and s [...]
Led by Swinburne University of Technology, working in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036, the Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) project will bring together researchers, industry partners and [...]
Data Migration Lead - 6 Month Contract We’re currently seeking a Data Migration Lead for a 6 month contract working with a large education provider in Melbourne. The role will be working across a [...]