Location: North Ryde
We’re searching for a Broadcast Engineer to be responsible for providing direct technical support and maintenance across a range of broadcast production, IT and OnAir Transmission systems across Foxtel Campuses. The day to day role includes answering inbound telephone and email support requests for Corporate and Broadcast system issues, troubleshooting problems remotely or locally and performing scheduled server and network maintenance tasks.
- Ensure 24×7 availability for Broadcast systems and after-hours IT systems
- Undertake incident maintenance on Broadcast and IT equipment efficiently and effectively to restore service as quickly as possible
- Collect and document information for subsequent problem management to eliminate or minimise recurring incidents
- Undertake planned maintenance on broadcast and IT equipment, including back-up, testing and servicing
- Prioritise maintenance activities ensuring that all duties are completed to an acceptable standard
- Develop and maintain maintenance instructions, equipment guides and configuration information
- Integrate, commission and perform testing on new systems and equipment as part of operational handover
- Maintaining an asset control register within the asset management system
- Follow up and track outstanding issues and report progress to Business management
- Performing scheduled server and network maintenance tasks
- Updating system incident logs to ensure trends identified and escalated to problem management for further analysis
- An Electronics and Communications Certificate (or Diploma/Associate Diploma in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in multi-channel live TV 24x7 network systems, understanding user requirements and workflow within the TV Production and Business IT environments
- Experience with non-linear editing platforms – specifically AVID Interplay or Media Manager
- Previous Broadcasting experience in repairing and maintaining Analogue and Digital Broadcast equipment (Video, Audio, RF)
- Demonstrable computer networking skills to support an efficient maintenance service across Broadcast and IT networked devices/systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Good understanding of Microsoft server environments
- Experience working with the Windows Desktop environment
Working for Foxtel
Foxtel’s purpose is to bring home Australia’s most valued entertainment experience. Whether it’s a blockbuster sports match, a must-see reality episode, an election special, the newest hit movie or the most ambitious drama, Foxtel brings together the best of TV and on demand for our customers.
Working at Foxtel means being part of something different, better, special. We put our customers first, we own it, we’re authentic, we focus on changing the game, and we win together.
What’s in it for you?
We have a benefits program with something for everyone, but we’re in the entertainment business, so what would a Foxtel benefits program be without a free Foxtel subscription and discounted broadband!
Above all, we’re passionate about entertainment and, if you are too, you’ll love working with us.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Location: North Ryde - Vibrant Team - Perm Role Our client a leader in its field is looking for Kronos Administrator to join its IT team. Skill/Competency Requirements: - Management of [...]
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, [...]
ANALYTICS ENABLEMENT LEAD Apply now Job no: 495871 Work type: Full time Location: North Ryde Categories: Information Technology, Data & Analytics About the role We’re searching for an A [...]
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable office administrator to perform roles such as: - taking phone calls - obtaining safety and environmental documents from site - obtaining quotation fr [...]