The Golf Club at Newcastle
Responsible for business development, event coordination, and execution of all catering actives
Catering Sales Manager - The Golf Club at Newcastle
This is a full-time, immediate opportunity
The Golf Club at Newcastle is one of eight properties managed by Oki Golf. Featuring stunning, panoramic views of Lake Washington, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, and the Seattle skyline, 36 holes of championship golf, a spectacular, 44,000 square foot clubhouse, and extensive, year-round practice facilities, The Golf Club at Newcastle is the Puget Sound’s premier public golf destination.
As the Catering Sales Manager, you will be responsible for business development, event coordination,
and execution of all related catering activities to the highest level of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist sales team with prospecting methods and hitting weekly/monthly prospecting goals.
- Your primary focus is growing the business within Social and Wedding market segment.
- Assist Director of Sales with quarterly projects (goal setting, menu pricing, comp set review, annual sales plan, etc.)
- Create interest in BH, WTCSE & MEC by scheduling and conducting site visits, lunches, tours and by gaining requests for proposals.
- Generate referrals from existing client base.
- Return all inquiries and correspondence within 24 hours.
- Participate in community events, professional organizations, represent and promote the organization through community involvement.
- Achieve or exceed established prospecting and revenue goals.
- Provide accurate sales reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Uphold a professional appearance and demeanor and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Provide suggestive selling at every opportunity by informing guests of specials and your personal recommendations.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of all booking procedures, menu items, and event space capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college or university program certificate - two years hospitality sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess negotiation skills and contract knowledge
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to offices throughout Washington State.
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form is required to successfully perform the essential duties described above.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
(35hrs + per week) may be eligible for:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Telehealth Coverage
- FSA options
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation
(30hrs + per week) may be eligible for:
- Medical/Telehealth Coverage
- FSA options
All Team Members:
- 401K with company match
- Golf Benefits, Meal and Merchandise discount
- Paid Sick Time
- Team Member Referral Program and more!
Oki Golf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Oki Golf are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Oki Golf is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Information The NSW Department of Education provides, funds and regulates education services for NSW students from early childhood to secondary school, delivering world-class education throu [...]
- ATO People, Entry Level Programs - Geelong, Gosford, Newcastle, Townsville - Non-ongoing, full-time, $29,398 - $48,997 + 15.4% super This vacancy is only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Is [...]
- ATO People, Entry Level Programs - Geelong, Gosford, Newcastle, Townsville - Non-ongoing, full-time, $29,398 - $48,997 + 15.4% super We are seeking motivated school leavers to join our 2021 Car [...]
- $100,325 - $108,349 per annum, plus 15.4% superannuation - Ongoing and non-ongoing, full-time and part-time opportunities - Various positions across Adelaide, Albury, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, [...]