Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
- Are you a people-focused individual interested in providing high-quality patient care and customer service? This is the opportunity for you!
- Full SNP training provided over a 6-12 month period to successful applicants!
- Attractive remuneration plus an outstanding range of benefits!
Please note that this is NOT a Courier Driver position
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland, Northern Territory and New South Wales, employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending as far north as Cairns and south to Coffs Harbour.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology now has an opportunity for a full-time Hospital Collector to join their team in Bundaberg.
Availability and flexibility are important aspects of a hospital collection role with SNP. This position participates in the on call hospital collection roster (10 days per fortnight roster) involving mid-week and weekends shifts. Shifts span the hours of 6.00am to 9.00pm mid-week, and 7.30am to 3.30pm weekends.
Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide quality patient care for our patients in hospital;
- Treat our patients with care and compassion;
- Receive urine and faeces samples;
- Record patient information;
- Complete online training via our eLearning training system; and
- Liaise with referrers and ancillary services in a hospital setting.
The ideal candidates will have a high level of written and verbal communication skills, along with dedication to excellent customer service. You must also be able to work independently as well as in a team and demonstrate the ability to perform tasks in a timely manner.
Candidates with pathology specimen collection experience will be held in high regard, although this is not essential. Successful candidates will embark on a comprehensive training course during their first twelve months of employment. Upon completion of training, candidates receive an SNP training certificate.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff. The successful candidate will join a welcoming team of dedicated health professionals with a focus on patient care.
Staff members will be given a chance to develop their skills through ongoing training and be provided with an avenue for career development and advancement .
An attractive remuneration will be offered to each successful applicant. Hospital collectors are eligible for progression to a Level 5 rate of pay ($28.58 per hour) and are also eligible for penalty rates for weekend, public holiday and some after-hours shifts.
In addition, permanent employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per E.B.A.
- Staff Services Committee - provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke-Free Environment Policy - All SNP premises are smoke-free. There are no designated smoking areas on Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology premises. For those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Position The Supply Officer is responsible for the receipting and delivery of stock to the units and other areas of the hospital as well as handling supply and imprest queries and general duties [...]
Science Technician - Bundaberg North State High School writeAgency('Education'); Education (Organisation site ( )) North Coast Region, State Schools Division We have an exciting opportunity for a [...]
Clinical Nurse Consultant (Mental Health Inpatient Unit) (Bundaberg) writeAgency('Queensland Health'); Queensland Health (Organisation site ( )) Mental Health Inpatient Unit, Wide Bay Mental Health [...]
IPA are seeking fun loving, friendly retail staff for casual dayshift roles working with our client in Bundaberg. About IPA: IPA is a well-established Australian provider of employment and care [...]