The Western Public Health Unit (WPHU) is seeking an experienced Community Engagement and Partnerships Lead. The Western Public Health Unit has been established to strengthen the public health response to infectious diseases and other health issues. The Unit is part of a new system of 3 metropolitan Public Health Units (WPHU, North-eastern (NEPHU), South-eastern (SEPHU)) and will link with the existing 6 regional Public Health Units to provide a new state-wide system of public health delivery and oversight.
The Community Engagement and Partnerships Lead will be responsible for leading the design,
development and implementation of community engagement and partnership strategies to support effective public health interventions and outcomes in the region. The initial focus of the WPHU will be on COVID response related activities, however in the longer term WPHU will be responsible for a broader range of public health activities.
About the role
The Community Engagement and Partnerships Lead will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining partnerships across a variety of stakeholder groups to achieve trust and maintain strong, cohesive and productive working relationships across all levels of health services, government and community sectors.
- Leading and supporting comprehensive community engagement activity for the progression of large scale public health initiatives within the WPHU catchment area.
- Proactively identifying barriers, risks and challenges in relation to community engagement for the purpose of engaging in collaborative problem solving with community stakeholders to address areas of areas of concern.
- Demonstrating flexibility and ability to operate under pressure, proposing and implementing workable solutions to problems, evaluating effectiveness and adjusting actions as required.
The Community Engagement and Partnerships Lead will work closely with the WPHU Director and Divisional Director as member of the leadership team at WPHU.
WPHU is seeking a highly experienced and senior leader to take on the Community Engagement and Partnerships Lead role. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate:
- Senior experience in community engagement and or communications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, build strong relationships and achieve multiple stakeholder alignment, including engaging with other service provider organisations and diverse communities
- A demonstrated understanding of complex community engagement, including cultural safety, lived experience and place-based approaches
- Demonstrated experience with designing and developing complex community engagement strategies and activity
- Demonstrated experience in project management
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to sim [...]
Job Description: The Role This is a customer service and retail sales role with an absolute fashion focus. As a Bupa Optical Dispenser, you will work as part of dedicated team delivering world cla [...]
Company Description We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the back [...]
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and exceptional Groups Consultant who must have a commitment to exceptional client service and the ability to work under pressure during the high volume [...]