Position Title: Senior Developer
Division: Hexagon Mining (HxGN)
Department: Product Development
About Us: Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software, and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Hexagon’s Mining division solves surface and underground mine challenges with proven technologies for planning, operations, and safety.
Our Vision: A future where data is fully leveraged so that both humanity and sustainability thrive.
Our Mission: Putting data to work to enable autonomous, connected ecosystems that boost efficiency, productivity,
and quality for our customers.
Purpose of Position:
This position requires an experienced, skilled programmer with an in-depth knowledge of application programming with specific skills in the technologies being used to build products and solutions. Experience with solutions architecture, specifically design patterns and enterprise architecture is required.
The Senior position forms part of the leadership team where active promotion of the company's ethos is expected. The required level of skill and experience can only be met by someone with 15+ years of industry experience.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The following responsibilities are required for this position.
- Promote a positive attitude within the workplace.
- Understanding of the client environment to ensure the solutions developed comply. E.g. the hardware/server capacity, network capacity, end-user devices and versions.
- Assist in the mentoring and education of the team on best practice regarding software implementation e.g. selection of appropriate Design Patterns, algorithms to achieve best (quality and efficiency) solutions.
- Ability to implement solutions to User Stories with minimum input/assistance from peers.
- Provide feedback to the Enterprise Architect on the impact specific implementations will have on the existing solution e.g. performance, stability, implementation, etc.
- Produce high quality code that is primarily free from any implementation issues and mentor team members accordingly.
- Produce quality documentation.
- Implement required automated testing on software.
- Validate and improve the scope and requirements of software development tickets to provide accurate work breakdowns.
- Consistently provide accurate estimates on the amount of effort required to implement a task, and consistently complete the assigned work according to those estimates.
- Suggest technologies and code libraries that are suitable for incorporation into the product/solutions.
- Setting of day to day priorities within overall priority listing
- Advising Supervisor of business risk areas as they are identified
- Personal responsibility for maintaining required accreditations (statutory requirements and site-specific requirements, e.g. safety inductions etc)
Referred to Higher Authority
- Setting of overall priorities and scheduling of sprint and program increment duties
- Approval for expenditure
- Any decision that will adversely affect budget or incur a service level agreement penalty
- Clarification of business priorities or urgent escalations
Major Challenges / Problem Solving:
- Dealing with conflicting priorities
- Maintaining consistent communication flow to Perth office from external location
- Keeping up to date with new products and technologies as they are developed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
Expected to demonstrate high degree of experience and competence in the following areas.
- Functional and Object-Oriented programming
- System Implementation Design
- Test driven development.
- System integrations
- Database design and implementation
- Web User Interfaces
- Agile and SAFE methodologies.
- Data Analysis
- Awareness of emerging technology.
Experience and demonstrable skill with the following technologies is required:
- Programming: C# .NET, Entity Framework.
- SQL: - SQL Server, Stored Procedures, Indexing, Performance Optimisation.
- Testing: Jest, MSTest, NUnit.
Competency with the following technologies (or equivalents) are highly desirable:
- Web: - Flow, NodeJS, React, Redux.
- Scripting: - Python, PowerShell, Bash.
- SQL: - Postgres.
- Architecture: Enterprise Service Bus, MQTT, Micro-services, Restful API’s, Web Sockets.
- Operating Environments: - Windows, Linux, Virtual Machines, Docker.
- Management: - GIT, BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo.
This matrix shows at a high level the required skill and experience required for this position for the topic area.
Key: The higher the level, the more skill/experience is required.
- Knowledge with limited practical experience; Months
- Good knowledge with practical experience; 1+ years
- Good knowledge with practical recent experience; 3+ years
- Excellent knowledge with significant recent experience; 5+ years
- Outstanding knowledge with extensive practical experience; 10+ years
Skill Description Minimum Level Required (1-5) Management Aspects of the job require some level of management.4 Best Practice Adhere to and active promotion and education of best practice in both development methodology and implementation.4 Project Management Often required to work along-side the Project Manager and on occasion take on some responsibilities to a competent level.3 Solutions Architect Competency in the delivery and implementation of quality solutions. Full understanding of the software environment, UX and UI requirements to a high degree of quality.4 Data Analyst Ability to understand and implement data mapping between different systems with a variety of different technologies including Microsoft and Open Source.4 Web Development Experienced and skilled in the development of Web-based solutions. Sound knowledge of the most common industry frameworks and technologies. Indepth knowledge and experience it at least 1 language/framework.3 Server Development Experienced and skilled in the development of Server-side solutions, including Database design and implementation. Sound knowledge of the most common industry languages, frameworks and technologies. In-depth knowledge and experience in at least 1 combination of server-side technologies.5
- Travel (interstate, intrastate and overseas) may sometimes be a requirement of this role
Working Relationships: 40 Minimum Level Required (1-5) PurposeSoftware Development ManagerDelegation and supervision; performance management, training, and development; setting of overall priorities and team management.Product OwnerProgram increment and sprint leadership, coordination of team targets and deliverables. Management Technical leadership, mentoring and support.Development teamsWork collaboratively to ensure group goals are met.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Elevio is a SaaS platform that makes it easy to create, deliver and improve help content to drive customer education. Our aim is to allow users to help themselves so our customers can focus on what th [...]
Organisation Name Bradman Carbon & Renewable Energy Recruitment Location Melbourne Date Posted 2021-04-12 Job Type Permanent / Full Time Job Number 712962 Description Two years experience in re [...]
About OutSystems One of the fastest growing B2B software companies in the world, OutSystems is on a mission to change the way software is built. We are looking for talented and motivated people to joi [...]
Minjar Gold is an Australian gold explorer, developer and producer. Since 2009, Minjar Gold has developed, and operated assets spread throughout Western Australia and Queensland. Located south-west of [...]