Position Title: Test Automation Engineer
Department: Product Development
About Us: Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software, and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Hexagon’s Mining division solves surface and underground mine challenges with proven technologies for planning, operations, and safety.
Our Vision: A future where data is fully leveraged so that both humanity and sustainability thrive.
Our Mission: Putting data to work to enable autonomous, connected ecosystems that boost efficiency, productivity,
and quality for our customers.
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to our Software Development Manager and working closely with our development team, the Test Automation Engineer is responsible for making sure that the solutions produced by the Development Team are robust, easy to use and continue to provide value to our customers with each software release. You will have a proven track record in software quality-assurance, Automation and DevOps as well as an excellent understanding of software development and the benefits of test automation. The incumbent will plan, implement and execute tests and have primary responsibility for managing the automated testing framework, it’s guidelines and utilization within the Product Development team.
The role will also fulfill QA Lead responsibilities including quarterly testing requirement estimations, feature test plan creation or reviews, software release plan including regression test plan creation, product field-trial validation testing and product install & upgrade documentation validation.
The role will work collaboratively within the Product Development (PD) team and with other departments within the Hexagon Mining Division and Hexagon group.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain the automated testing framework.
- Develop and manage tests and artefacts within the automated testing framework
- Maintain and document guidelines for the PD team use of the automated testing framework.
- Advocate and champion modern best practices & techniques as related to QA and automated testing frameworks
- Work with other test engineers to improve overall software quality including adherence to coding standards, testing standards, and related development practices
- Undertake the software release plan creation and testing of installation and upgrade of new releases prior to packaging a software release.
- Review, validate and contribute to technical documentation relating to the deployment of new product releases.
- Contribute to a maintainable, high quality and performant code base
- Work with PD and QA team to optimise the QA workflow
- Drive continuous improvement and quality across our product suite
- Interface with other groups as required to deliver the required objectives.
- Communicate progress status through daily stand-up meetings and by providing accurate estimates of remaining work.
- Compliance with Hexagon’s Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures, participation in audits and compliance with instructions given in respect to the health and safety of himself / herself and the safety of others
- Other duties as required from time to time
Major Challenges / Problem Solving:
- Understanding of the application domain, industry requirements and relevant technologies
- Managing resource demands and adapting to business-driven priority changes
- Developing strategies to isolate fault domains and resolve product issues
- Ability to adapt to business driven priority changes.
- Take ownership of the development of the software automated testing framework
- Take ownership of the development of tests within the automated testing framework
- Make recommendations / reporting based on technical evaluation
- Advise supervisor of business or technical risk areas as identified
Referred to Higher Authority
- Approval for expenditure
- Any decision that will adversely affect budget
- Any decision that will significantly impact project timing
- Clarification of priorities or urgent escalations
Working Relationships: Most Frequent Contacts PurposeSoftware Development ManagerDelegation and supervision; performance management, training and development; setting of overall priorities and team management.Solution ArchitectTechnical leadership and support.Product OwnerProgram increment and sprint leadership, coordination of team targets and deliverables.Development teamsWork collaboratively to ensure group goals are met.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 3+ years experience in similar software test automation position
- 3+ years software development industry knowledge
- Solid skills writing test frameworks and processes including test plans/strategy, advanced scripting, execution and reporting of critical applications
- Experience integrating build and test frameworks into development environments
- Solid skills with web-based user interface testing automation tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to technical/non-technical audiences and stakeholder management
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- High level of personal drive and self-motivation.
- Desire to expand own knowledge and skill set as well as sharing knowledge with other team members.
- Experience with POSTman is desirable.
- Ability to write SQL queries in ANSI SQL.
- Experience generating test reports and other testing artefacts is expected.
- A University qualification (Bachelor degree) in Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce, or a related TAFE qualification.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Kmart With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers. Serving the needs of Austra [...]
Software Test Engineer - High Availability Systems Melbourne Work with some of Australia's smartest engineers Achieve fast track career progression with rapidly exp company Play a pivotal role [...]
The Opportunity As a key member of a highly skilled Mobile development squad, you will be working on enterprise scale projects to provide digital service solutions to millions of our client's cust [...]
Full time, ongoing Strong Technical Focus Kew East Location (workplace flexibility supported) About us Our software helps make the world a safer place. Cm3 is an exciting tech solution that oper [...]