Australian Capital Territory
> Canberra ACT, Sydney NSW
The Digital Investment and Insights Branch provides high-quality advice to government and agencies to enable effective prioritisation, decision-making and risk management across the investment lifecycle.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Portfolio Analysis team. The team is responsible for preparing analytical products to support Government in making better informed decisions on digital investment. The team liaises widely within the DTA as well as with external agencies to analyse data and intelligence on digital investment as part of preparing reliable and insightful advice. This advice addresses opportunities, risks and gaps across the digital investment policy landscape and portfolio.
Team members have a mix of expertise in data analysis and reporting as well as digital policy development.
The key duties of the position include:
You will be responsible for preparing quality advice for senior decision-makers in government on digital investments and digital policy matters by applying rigorous and data-driven analysis drawing from investment information and insights from across whole-of-government. This includes preparing advice on strategic policy options to improve overall investment system performance as well as address emerging risks and opportunities. You will:
- Take a lead role in delivering required outcomes from high-profile work streams relating to digital investment insights, strategies and policy.
- Work to deliver required outcomes from the above mentioned work streams, including by preparing strategies, putting in place processes and frameworks and establishing strong working relationships with other teams and stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the team’s EL 1 cohort to ensure quality analytical and knowledge products are delivered to our stakeholders consistent with the team’s core priorities.
- Lead activities to elicit stakeholder reporting and knowledge requirements and then work to meet these requirements in collaboration with other teams in the agency by producing insightful and appropriately tailored analytical and knowledge products.
- Contribute to structuring, prioritising and driving the delivery of the team’s work program in alignment with the broader direction of the team, Branch, Division and Agency. This includes upholding quality standards and driving towards delivery of required outcomes.
- Contribute to team planning, coordination, and workflow management by undertaking the role of sprint lead (this includes leading sprint planning sessions, retrospectives, daily stand-ups and other team leadership roles) and assisting in the planning and delivery of team planning and training days. Responsibility for this role is rotated across the team.
- Support the Director in the preparation of team reporting and communications with the Senior Executive (both the Divisional Manager and the Branch Manager) and in fostering a positive team culture and environment.
Security Clearance level required: Baseline (or ability to obtain and maintain).
To be eligible for employment with the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA), applicants must be an Australian citizen.
An applicant's suitability for employment with the DTA will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This process includes an Australian Police check.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people from other diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion and supports employees to reach their full potential.
Please provide a one-page pitch outlining how your skills, experience and personal attributes make you the ideal candidate for a leadership role within the DTA. Candidates are also advised to consider their capability and any qualifications required to conduct the role specific tasks.
A merit pool may be established and used to fill future vacancies within the next 12 months.
For all DTA positions you are required to apply directly via the DTA website. Applications referred or submitted through recruitment agencies or third parties will not be accepted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Search / Digital & Design Senior Service Designer Working for this local government body as the Senior Service Designer you will assist to deliver the Digital Workplace project by using a huma [...]
VR GP to join impressive group in Canberra– DPA/DWS and Health Workforce Certificate available DPA/DWS and HWC close to Canberra CBD 65% of billings Highly reputable practice well embedded in the [...]
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category Sales MuleSoft is looking for a na [...]
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company. Finding sales opportunities, while building rapport with our community and making sure you are providing solutions to our custom [...]